You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSACARS Log Doesn't Send Landing Data

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

One of the VAs I fly with uses FSACARS 4.0.15 to track their pilots PIREPs. We all use the same .ini file with just our Pilot ID number changed. When we land, FSACARs records and displays our landing data, both speed and FPS. When I send my log it sends that landing data and when I review my PIREPs I see what my landing data was. However, several pilots...remember, same .ini file with only PID changed...send their log, the landing data is not sent. It's recorded. They can see what their rate and speed was. It's just not sent in the log.

I have gone to the SATAVirtual site to research if other VAs have this problem, but their forums link returns a 404 error for me.

Any ideas why identical .ini files work sending landing data for some and not for others? All other data our VA tracks; cargo, pax, block times, fuel used, distance, etc, is recorded and sent. It's just that even though the rate and speed of landing is recorded for everyone, not everyone has that specific data sent when they send their log.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Hi Randy,

As far as I can remember using Fsacars, configuration can be a bit tricky. But if the files are the same, then I can only think of the FSacars version not being correct.

Remember that there is an initial version used by the installer and then an update to 4.0.15 which MUST be done. Make sure everyone has the correct version.

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply Miguel, that's more than I have gotten from my VA staff...

We are both using FSACARS properly updated to 4.0.15. I have compared our .ini files line by line and with the exception of the PID, which must be different and uniques to just our specific PID, our files are identical. Both of us use Win7. Both of us use FS2004. Both of us have UAC turned off. Both of us are running FSACARS and FS2004 as administrators. Both of us use FSInn when flying online. I tell ya, if we were any more identical in our operations it would be scary, yet mine sends landing data in the log and his does not, even though both record the landing data. He can see it when he completes a flight and stops his log and accepts the flight if you are familiar at all with FSACARs.

I'm at a loss and my VA is being no help whatsoever.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Ok, ask your colleague to uninstall FSAcars completely and re-install again with all steps. Something might have gone wrong in the meantime.

I am available to access via Teamviewer to try and catch the glitch.

Miguel Frias

1107190.png1107190.png

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Thanks again, Miguel. I will send that suggestion on to my friend as well as your offer to help through Teamviewer. Is it possible with TV to do a three-way link? If he decides to take you up on that I would like to observe also.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

No. It wont accept that

Miguel Frias

1107190.png1107190.png