You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sector Creation Help

Will Reynolds

Will Reynolds
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone, we are trying to create new sector files for a newly created VACC, tried using SectEd and the FS Navigator plug in but it is so outdated we had to start from scratch.

We have created the FIRs and sector lines but when we define the first sector, it does not show up.

Could anybody please advise what to look for? As far as we can see, the entire sector starts and ends in correctly/

Thanks

Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

It's very difficult to try and debug based on what information you've given. Are you getting some sort of error when you open the files in EuroScope in the Messages? When you say they don't 'show up', what exactly do you mean by this?

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim

Will Reynolds
Posted
Posted

Hi Harry,

The FIRs are created, the High ARTCCs show up no problem. I have defined the sectorlines and frequencies, but when I go to select them, the sector does not show up...everything else does.

I asked before and was told it could be due to a line not being closed. I have checked what I believe can be checked, as the lat/longs for the sectorlines were entered manually and can't think of where else to look.

Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

I'm still not 100% sure what you mean by the fact the sector doesn't show up.

Do you mean that when you go into display settings and turn the sector on you can't see the border? Have you checked the symbology ensures you can see it?

Do you mean that when you set your primary frequency, the ownership doesn't work correctly?

I am currently working on a UK sector file project, so the resources I have to help are limited - however, if you'd like to send me your sector, I can have a look for you?

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

@HVatsim

Will Reynolds
Posted
Posted

Thanks Harry, could you send me your best contact please? I can be reached at w.reynolds at vat-sea dot com

• Board of Governors
Alan Cooke
Posted
Posted

Harry thank you for your offer to help. I know how busy you are with UK responsibilities.

Alan Cooke VATGOV11

Vice President - Membership
VATSIM Board of Governors

[email protected]   

Do you have an account query check out FAQ

spacer.png9KMxVhG.png.e77dfe6e65703daa7a59178600611036.png

• Board of Governors
Alan Cooke
Posted
Posted

Hi Harry,

Many thanks for helping Will finding the error in the sector file. Much appreciated

Alan Cooke VATGOV11

Vice President - Membership
VATSIM Board of Governors

[email protected]   

Do you have an account query check out FAQ

spacer.png9KMxVhG.png.e77dfe6e65703daa7a59178600611036.png

Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

Many thanks for helping Will finding the error in the sector file. Much appreciated

No problem - good luck with the rest of the development. Let me know if there's anything more I can check or help with!

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

@HVatsim