You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xsquwakbox problems

Jonathan Hinson 1332024

Jonathan Hinson 1332024
Posted
Posted

Hi all. I just downloaded xsquawkbox yesterday in the latest version of 13.0. I decided to give a go yesterday and today, but I couldn't. This might be a common problem but every time I try to connect, it always disconnects. I've tried to look for help everywhere but couldn't. Any solutions?

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Any chance you can give more details on it disconnecting you.

Does it give you any error? "Invalid CID/P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word", some other error, etc.?

Jonathan Hinson 1332024
Posted
Posted

Yeah its some type of error. I typed in my exact CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

We are asking you for details on the error message. We can't help you troubleshoot unless we know the exact error message....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jonathan Hinson 1332024
Posted
Posted

Well when I attempt to connect, it says error and disconnect. Thats the type of error i've been happening to me. I typed in all the correct information. It suddenly just disconnect after 3 seconds I've entered the information.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Do you have your log.txt file?

Mac, Linux, or Windows and which version of each OS?

Jonathan Hinson 1332024
Posted
Posted
Do you have your log.txt file?

Mac, Linux, or Windows and which version of each OS?

Yes I have my log.txt file and i'm on Mac

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Again, what OS version are you running?

Please post your log.txt to a text uploading website and post the link below. Please make sure that you start XP, attempt to login to VATSIM and get the error, and then close XP before you open your log.txt.

Also, are you connecting to the VATSIM server nearest your location (in the real world)? i.e. You live in NY, USA-E would most likely be the preferred server.