You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ServInfo and Windows 10

Ira Robinson

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

I am having a problem getting ServInfo to load using Windows 10. It worked great with Windows 7 and any other OS I happened to be using, but not now. Is anyone else having t his problem and has anyone figured out what it is or a way around it??

Thanks in advance for any info someone may care to share.

Ira Robinson

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Ira, on initial upgrade to W10, my servInfo worked flawlessly. However now on subsequent running it works normally except for the pop up box when I mouse over (same issue I had with VATspy in W7).

W10 has a nice compatibility wizard, which suggested running as a W7 program. I did this but still no pop up windows on mouse over.

I haven't been game to load w10 on my flightsim PC, so I'd be interested to hear comments on that also.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

For what it's worth, VATSpy is working fine for me after the upgrade to Windows 10 last night.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

VatSpy is working fine for me also, but I would like to get ServInfo up also. I am having no luck even with the compatibility feature and its various options. What I am experiencing is that when I give the go ahead to run the program the start up box appears and then gets hung up reading map data. I wonder if I lost something during the upgrade but I can't for the life of me figure out what it could be.

Ira Robinson

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

Well, I reloaded a backup copy that I had, version 2.02 and now it runs fine. I guess I'll just reconfig it back to where I liked it and let it go at that.

Ira Robinson

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted
For what it's worth, VATSpy is working fine for me after the upgrade to Windows 10 last night.

Ross is there any updated data for VATSpy? The version I have, has incorrect sector boundaries in Oz.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Ross is there any updated data for VATSpy? The version I have, has incorrect sector boundaries in Oz.

Nope, not officially anyway. One or two people have [Mod - Happy Thoughts]embled updated data files over the years since I released it. Do some searching on the forums here.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC