You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

why some airplane type is "zzzz",but in Vatspy is correctly.

Fei Liang 1291242

Fei Liang 1291242
Posted
Posted

when I fly in Vatsim,I often see some airplane is default model.in ModelMatching.log,their aircraft type is ZZZZ,someone is not enter correct aircraft type when they login,for example A350,B789.....etc.the others aircraft type is correctly in Vatspy or serverinfo,for example A332 B737,but viplot is recongnize to ZZZZ.why the type is correnctly in Vatspy or Serverinfo,but wrong in vPilot?

may i correct them in debug mode?when i enter the debug mode,i can not edit anything in the box.Is this normally?

sorry for my pool english,i hope somebody can help me.

thanks

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hello Fei,

I guess that the information about the type of aircraft gets read out by VatSpy (and other tools showing you the online VATSIM status) from the pilot's ATC flight plan. The model that you see in your SIM, on the other hand, gets read out from what the pilot has defined in his pilot client software (Squawkbox, vPilot, FsInn, XSquawkbox). That's why it is so important that everybody correctly defines his type of aircraft in his pilot client.

Fei Liang 1291242
Posted
Posted
Hello Fei,

I guess that the information about the type of aircraft gets read out by VatSpy (and other tools showing you the online VATSIM status) from the pilot's ATC flight plan. The model that you see in your SIM, on the other hand, gets read out from what the pilot has defined in his pilot client software (Squawkbox, vPilot, FsInn, XSquawkbox). That's why it is so important that everybody correctly defines his type of aircraft in his pilot client.

thanks for reply

may i correct the wrong type in debug mode?i know the FSinn can correct the multiplayer aircraft type by maually,does the vPliot have the same funcation?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You are correct that when you see an aircraft type of ZZZZ it is the pilot that entered their type incorrectly. You cannot correct this on your end. In the past, on occasion, I have PMd the pilot to kindly and gently let them know that they are logged in with an aircraft type of ZZZZ, and that creates confusion for every other pilot who sees them, and encourage them, either on this flight or in the future, to disconnect and reconnect with a valid aircraft type. Most are gracious with this advice. Some might not be, so wear your flame retardant undies....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 4 weeks later...
Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted
You are correct that when you see an aircraft type of ZZZZ it is the pilot that entered their type incorrectly. You cannot correct this on your end. In the past, on occasion, I have PMd the pilot to kindly and gently let them know that they are logged in with an aircraft type of ZZZZ, and that creates confusion for every other pilot who sees them, and encourage them, either on this flight or in the future, to disconnect and reconnect with a valid aircraft type. Most are gracious with this advice. Some might not be, so wear your flame retardant undies....

Unfortunately PM's seem to be a never ending battle. Daily I see codes that I'm not sure where they got them. Seems a lot of people want AI packages with all the liveries but won't spend 5 minutes researching the proper ICAO codes.

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]