You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Beginning ATC training

Sean Wangnick 1320380

Sean Wangnick 1320380
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, I'm kind of new to all of this... I enrolled in this region a few months ago, but I didn't really follow up on it. I came back today and was told I had to take some kind of test. I proceeded to take the test, but I was told I had already started the test and it wasn't completed. What do I need to do to start controlling, because tbh it's seems pretty complicated trying to get everything set up.

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

If you're referring to VATUSA, I would suggest you open a support ticket here: http://support.vatusa.net/

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Sean, you did indeed sign up to become a VATUSA ATC and were [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned the open book Basic ATC quiz on 03/30/2015. in case you don't still have the email telling you how to log on and proceed, here is the process: Log into your account at www.vatusa.net, go to MyVATUSA, and select the Exam Center. On the left side, you'll see the Basic ATC quiz under your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned exams. Take it and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] it with an 80% or better, and you'll be allowed to progress to selecting an ARTCC to start your training. If you have any problems, Chris is right, open a support ticket.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Sean Wangnick 1320380
Posted
Posted

You guys are awesome! I took the test and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed with 100%. I've downloaded TeamSpeak, connected to the Houston Virtual Air Route Traffic Control Center (aka, ZHU), sent an email to the Training Administrator address, and talked to Chase Zimmerman (a ZHU/ZFW instructor). What is the next step? Just wait for a reply in my email? Thanks again for all your help!

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

If you selected ZHU as your home ARTCC after p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing the quiz, their staff is notified that they've received a new controller. The training process is tailored by each ARTCC to suit their needs/systems, so yes, the next step is most likely to wait for a welcoming e-mail from the ZHU ARTCC with further instructions.