You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA Website Down

Daniel Hawton

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted (edited)

All,

About 1 hour ago, the VATUSA website went down. We are aware and are working to resolve these issues and apologize for any inconvenience.

I will update with progress when I can.

Edited by Guest

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

Issues resolved and we're live again.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

The VATUSA website and all [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated services are again offline. We are aware of the situation and attempting to rectify it. There is currently no estimate for restoration of service. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

All services have been restored.

Don Desfosse

• 3 months later...
  • Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

The VATUSA website and all [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated services are again offline. We are aware of the situation and attempting to rectify it. There is currently no estimate for restoration of service. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Don Desfosse

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

All services have been restored.

Don Desfosse

• 1 month later...
Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

Server had 2 periods of downtime today lasting approximately 30 minutes a piece. A piece of hardware failed and required an emergency repair to fix it, which occurred during the last period of downtime. The repair has been made and services should be stable again. I'm keeping a close eye on it.

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
Server had 2 periods of downtime today lasting approximately 30 minutes a piece. A piece of hardware failed and required an emergency repair to fix it, which occurred during the last period of downtime. The repair has been made and services should be stable again. I'm keeping a close eye on it.

Daniel, would this be the reason why when one goes to visit the forums that we get redirected to old.vatusa.net?

I ask, because it gives the hint that someone may be coming around the corner, like hardware failure (which you've disclosed; thanks for the hard work, BTW), or (what I was thinking) new/revamped site coming up.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

Daniel, would this be the reason why when one goes to visit the forums that we get redirected to old.vatusa.net?

I ask, because it gives the hint that someone may be coming around the corner, like hardware failure (which you've disclosed; thanks for the hard work, BTW), or (what I was thinking) new/revamped site coming up.

BL.

No it goes to old as part of the new file structure. We desire to clean up and separated the old data from the new and also did it to help with the DNS transition when we moved servers. We didn't need to wait for DNS to update for users to access the new server as we redirected to old.VATUSA.net while DNS data propagated.

When the new site goes live, it's easier to back up and nuke the old without having to untangle the web as well.