You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Selecting runway in use / aircraft stands / no extended CL

Keith Watt

Keith Watt
Posted
Posted

Dear VATSIM/ES forums.

I've a few issues with my ES radar display (v3.2).

Firstly, am currently controlling Humberside Tower (HUY_TWR). When I go to select the runway in use for departures and arrivals, on the option page to select the active runway I note that there are multiple runway option boxes for runway 02 and 20 (main runway at Humberside). So which one do I select ? I nominally select one pair of boxes for runway 02. Then an aircraft appears on the apron and files a flight plan. When I go into the flight plan strip I am unable to select the runway in use. So then I go back into the option page to re-select the runway in use, and amazingly all of the boxes for 02 are highlighted with an airplane symbol ! Then I notice further down the same option page that there are boxes for each individual airfield designated by its ICAO identifier. So, thinking maybe this is the problem, I select DEP and APP for EGNJ but makes no difference. I've also tried using the new vStrips software but the runway in use is not recognised on that either.

Secondly, when I go to the option of "Extended Centreline" there is no extended centreline (not that I should be using it as a TWR controller, but it comes in handy !)

Thirdly, there is no display of the individual aircraft stands and taxiways designators.

Could someone advise if I have not done something right within the ES setup ?

Many thanks,

Keith Watt

Keith Watt.

ATC Controller

Northern Region.

Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

Hi Keith,

Most of the things you have described here are specifically related to the EGTT sector file. I've created a ticket for you in the VATUK helpdesk which I'll aim to reply to - it's easier for me to do so there as I don't check here very often.

In summary - things that aren't in the sector file can't be turned on. I'll expand more in a reply separately.

Regards,

Harry

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim

• 2 weeks later...
Keith Watt
Posted
Posted

Dear Harry.

Belated thanks for your reply, which was most useful. I managed to sort out the problem, which was due to the mis-placement of certain files. Now all is working fine now. My sincere thanks for your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance.

Keith Watt.

Keith Watt.

ATC Controller

Northern Region.