You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot - FS2Crew777 - PMDG777 - Prepar3D v3

Ray Lang

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Ross I'm have install Prepar3D v3 along with the following programes FS2Crew777 v1.6 (Just Release) PMDG B777 Series and Vpilot. The problem I'm having once FS2Crew777 is enable Vpilot connect button gray out after a few seconds Prepar3D v3 crashes to desktop along with Vpilot. When I disable FS2Crew777 Vpilot connect button comes back and Prepar3D v3 works ok. Is Vpilot compatiable with Prepar3D v3 or is there a conflict between the two programes. I have posted the problem in FS2Crew777 forum. Without Vpilot loaded up on the desktop FS2Crew777 works fine with Prepar#D v3 no crashes to the desktop.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

Pacific Oceanic Partnership Admin

Have a question? Email [email protected]

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
When I disable FS2Crew777 Vpilot connect button comes back and Prepar3D v3 works ok. Is Vpilot compatiable with Prepar3D v3 or is there a conflict between the two programes.

I haven't tested it with V3 yet, but it sounds like you have, so I guess you've answered your own question.

As to why vPilot might conflict with FS2Crew, I again haven't ever tested it, so I have no idea why you're having those issues.

When the vPilot connect button greys out, do you see any messages on the vPilot window indicating that it has lost connection with the simulator?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted
When I disable FS2Crew777 Vpilot connect button comes back and Prepar3D v3 works ok. Is Vpilot compatiable with Prepar3D v3 or is there a conflict between the two programes.

I haven't tested it with V3 yet, but it sounds like you have, so I guess you've answered your own question.

As to why vPilot might conflict with FS2Crew, I again haven't ever tested it, so I have no idea why you're having those issues.

When the vPilot connect button greys out, do you see any messages on the vPilot window indicating that it has lost connection with the simulator?

No messages at all Ross the connect button gray out and if you try to click on the gray out button p3dv3 ctd. When I disable FS2Crew777 v1.6 Vpilot connect button comes active and works ok with P3Dv3.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
No messages at all Ross the connect button gray out and if you try to click on the gray out button p3dv3 ctd. When I disable FS2Crew777 v1.6 Vpilot connect button comes active and works ok with P3Dv3.

Are you sure the crash is caused by clicking on the greyed-out connect button? When the button is greyed-out, clicking it literally does nothing because the button is disabled. Try NOT clicking the greyed-out connect button and see if it crashes, and how long after starting FS2Crew the crash occurs.

Also, test to see if the order of starting the three programs makes any difference.

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Are you sure the crash is caused by clicking on the greyed-out connect button? When the button is greyed-out, clicking it literally does nothing because the button is disabled. Try NOT clicking the greyed-out connect button and see if it crashes, and how long after starting FS2Crew the crash occurs.

Also, test to see if the order of starting the three programs makes any difference.

Ross I have loaded the programes in different order and follow the instructions in the PMDG 777 readme file of reinstalling older versions of simconnect. I'm not pointing the finger at Vpilot is at fault but asking the question if there was a reason for this behaviour. I see what develops on the FS2Crew777 forum as other people having all sorts of problems with other software not working with FS2Crew777 v1.6. Thanks for your response Ross.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Ray, what happens when you don't click the connect button at all?

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Ross I had the developer of fs2crew came onto my computer via teamviewer to see what happening. With fs2crew777 enable and vpilot up and running in a few seconds without doing or touching anything vpilot and p3dv3 ctd. He ask what version of vpilot i was running told him it was the latest, not sure what going to happen from fs2crew. I'm not the only one that not able to get vpilot and fs2crew777 v1.6 to work without p3dv3 ctd.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you start p3d, then vpilot, does the connect button stay active? And if you then start fs2crew, does the connect button gray out and then p3d crashes?

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted
If you start p3d, then vpilot, does the connect button stay active? And if you then start fs2crew, does the connect button gray out and then p3d crashes?

Ross Fs2crew777 has a control panel where you can enable or disable fs2crew, what it does is put it contents into the panel.cfg file (gauges etc). So you have to enable it first so that it can write to the config file and then you load p3dv3. FS2crew and p3dv3 works find together once vpilot comes into play the connect button is grey out and in a few seconds vpilot and p3dv3 ctd. At this time vpilot and fs2crew v1.6 cant work together. I have checked with other people i know that has vpilot and fs2crew v1.6 are having the same problem.

I have try the stable version of vpilot same problem

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Do you know if the problem is only with P3D v3, or also v2.5?

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Fs2Crew777 v1.6 came out to make it compatiable for p3dv3. I'm not sure if it works in p3d v2.5 as I only have p3dv3 loaded on my computer. The previous version of fs2crew777 1.5 for p3d 2.5 works fine along side vpilot.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Fs2Crew777 v1.6 came out to make it compatiable for p3dv3. I'm not sure if it works in p3d v2.5 as I only have p3dv3 loaded on my computer. The previous version of fs2crew777 1.5 for p3d 2.5 works fine along side vpilot.

That's really strange ... I can't imagine what they would have changed between those versions that would cause an issue with vPilot.

I don't currently have a way to troubleshoot this as I don't use FS2Crew and I'm on v2.5 of P3D. If/when I update to V3, I'll pick up a copy of FS2Crew 1.6 and see if I can reproduce the issue. No promises on when that'll be, though.

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Ross Bryan from fs2crew looking into it also.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Parker Freeman 1018028
Posted
Posted

Just to throw some mud into the water. I'm currently flying the PMDG777 on P3dV3 with fS2Crew V1.6 and Vpilot under Win 10. No crashes, the connect button works just fine. Stupid thought......I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that Vpilot uses Simconnect. Did you install all of the various simconnects when you installed P3DV3? The installation MSI's are in the P3DV3 directory under redist/interface. Install all of them with the exception of the JPN and RUS versions.

Now, for some reason I can't transmit voice while in P3d. Works fine if Vpilot has the focus...........

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Now, for some reason I can't transmit voice while in P3d. Works fine if Vpilot has the focus...........

If you're running P3D as an admin, you must run vPilot as an admin as well, if you want to use a keyboard key for PTT. This is not an issue if you use a yoke button as PTT.

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

The developer of fs2crew has sorted the problem out with vpilot new version of fs2crew777 v1.7 has been released.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
The developer of fs2crew has sorted the problem out with vpilot new version of fs2crew777 v1.7 has been released.

I sure would like to know what the issue was ... did they say? If not, could you please put me in touch with them?

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Ross with the release of FS2Crew777 v1.7 the developer has mention this fix.

"Fixed an issue in P3D V3 that could result in CTDs when using the on-line ATC client, VPilot. By default, FS2Crew will no longer attempt to set the Transponder on your on-line ATC pilot client. If you're not using VPilot, you may turn the option back on using the new CFG option: On Line ATC."

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Can you provide me with the contact person you've been working with at FS2Crew? There is no reason why their software setting the transponder should cause a crash when vPilot is running. I'd like to work with them to implement a proper fix for this issue.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I have sent him an email.