You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SkymaxxPro, csl and Vatsim weather.

Steve Thompson

Steve Thompson
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if there is an issue with skymaxxpro and vatsim? I've had a quite a few crashes lately as I'm nearing my destination airport and, looking at the log it happens right after skymaxxpro changes so is there a conflict between vatsim weather and skymaxx pro?.. or is it something different like the memory it takes to load all the csl planes perhaps?

I wanted to attach my log file but not sure how to do it on here.

• 10 months later...
denis meuret 1368311
Posted
Posted

did anyone ever advised on this?

David Lovell
Posted
Posted

I've had a few of these in recent months, too.

I mostly fly GA VFR online, but I had it happen on approach to Sweden for my VA offline in an Airbus the other evening. The last thing in the log file is a SkyMaxx Pro weather update, but I don't know whether that's the cause of the problem due to too many resources being requested (graphics card memory on the iMac).

I've had crashes during X-Plane startup in a Cessna on the ramp, where the weather's been cloudy. In the end I've started up elsewhere! Again, the last thing in the log was the weather update.

• 1 month later...
Martin Tilling 1244237
Posted
Posted

I have had a couple of crashes and if you use the real weather connector as well as skymax pro then just make sure in the real weather connector setting, that the "ignore x-plane settings" is selected. I often forget that i change to live weather when flying offline, this may cause a conflict between the 2, i have no crashes recently but just clear skies (no weather).

Hope this helped or you have fixed it