You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA Does It Again!!

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

VATUSA does it again!!! I do not know what is going on but I sure like VATUSA's new management particularly in the department of Vatsim events!!!

Here is list of ANOTHER week of DAILY (yes every day believe it or not) events hosted by VATUSA as seen below. That marks second consecutive week of DAILY events by VATUSA. I flew in three events last week to KCHS, KLAS, and PAKN.

10/15: Good Evening Seattle: Spokane Edi...

10/16: ZHU FNO: US Airways Final Day

10/17: Night Of The Living Dead

10/18: Staff It up Sunday!! KPNS

10/19: Monday Madness Crossfire

10/20: Regional Circuit: Manchester (KMH...

10/21: VFR OPS: Kenai

10/23: ZOBTOBER FNO (KPIT) 10/23/15

10/24: Evening in Dallas

10/24: Cross the Pond 2015 Eastbound [11..

WOW I am speechless and amazed

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Fantastic. Looks like a great week!

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
Fantastic. Looks like a great week!

pssst pssst I neglected to mention it looks like TWO weeks, not one week of consecutive days of events!! In other words, it means THREE WEEKS of consecutive days of events (last week, this week, and next week).

Good thing I do not have to pay for aviation fuel or otherwise I am going bankrupt paying for all aviation fuel for those events

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I've often said that training and events -- both quantity and quality -- make this network as great as it is. We are always trying to improve in all respects, every day. Thank you for noticing!

--

Don Desfosse

Director, VATUSA

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 2 weeks later...
Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Don the president of VATUSA,

Whenever I prepare for an exciting Vatsim event for specific airport, I always create beautiful and extremely scenic route for flight to the specific airport that is having Vatsim event.

Tonight is KJAX event so I wrote VAPOR KOKEY PBI MONAD COF TTS RORSE for flight from KMIA to KJAX and my specific waypoints allow me to have scenic and beautiful route along Florida's eastern beach coast so that I can take beautiful screenshots of beautiful coastline while flying to KJAX.

To my surprise, KMIA TWR refused to accept my waypoints and insisted that I must use his waypoints HEDLY PHK ORL. I tried to explain to him that I have been flying on Vatsim for years and all controllers always say ok to my scenic routes. He said he has been controller since 06 and I am not allowed to use my waypoints because it is not IRF although I file it for FL240.

After 40 minutes waiting for his IRF clearance, I finally took took off using his own waypoints instead of mine.

Why am I being denied my request for beautiful scenic route at IRF plan using FL240 along beach coast???

In the past, when all controllers asked me if I want to change waypoints to their way, I always said "I would gratefully appreciate if I am allowed to use my waypoints to view beauty of beach coastlines". They always said no problem and they accepted my waypoints.

First time in many years of Vatsim flying, I am not allowed to fly scenic route.

Why? I do not think my waypoints VAPOR KOKEY PBI MONAD COF TTS RORSE are violation of Vatsim rules.

Am I right or wrong? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Let me get home then I'll explain it unless someone else wants to take a shot. It's pretty much that you'll be going through one of our main arrival corridors with that route.

I would suggest for a scenic flight that you fly VFR at appropriate altitudes. You will have minimal restrictions on your route and be able to enjoy a closer view of the scenery. FL240 isn't the most scenic altitude

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
I would suggest for a scenic flight that you fly VFR at appropriate altitudes. You will have minimal restrictions on your route and be able to enjoy a closer view of the scenery. FL240 isn't the most scenic altitude

Josh,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, FL300 to FL350 is most scenic altitude for me.

If VAPOR KOKEY PBI MONAD COF TTS RORSE for flight from KMIA to KJAX af FL240 is really against Vatsim regulations, then I have no choice but to keep my mouth quiet and accept it

But if it is not against Vatsim regulations, then I sure hope that I would not be denied again in future for those waypoints VAPOR KOKEY PBI MONAD COF TTS RORSE for flight from KMIA to KJAX.

Please permit me to show you my examples of scenic view along Florida's eastern coastline from FL330 as seen below:

bm23_zpsolkd7w9m.jpg

bm19mlb_zpsxoltyl2d.jpg

bm27wopdu_zpszo8l9pnn.jpg

This is what I was hoping to repeat beauty for flight from KMIA to KJAX to create beautiful screenshots.

Smiling

If those waypoints VAPOR KOKEY PBI MONAD COF TTS RORSE for flight at FL240 from KMIA to KJAX is against the Vatsim rules, then that is fine and I have no problem with that. If it is not against rules, I just hope that I would not be denied this flight plan next time. Smiling.

CQwL8Nm.png

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

That does look nice!

First, it is not against VATSIM rules. If there is no ATC online, technically you are free to do what you want to do. If they are online, you do need "to the best of his or her ability, [should] make all attempts to comply with valid air traffic control instructions." (COC B9). The actual route is not prohibited from being used.

Okay, so the explanation.

Here's your route.

HILEY6 Arrival

Overlay of both

Taking a look a the chart, it is very likely that an aircraft is somewhere around FL240 at some point in that route. Your route is pretty close to the arrival and therefore has a high potential to being a conflict.

On the departure side of Miami, IFR aircraft should be vectored through a departure gate which meets their routing needs. Here are the departure gates used at Miami: BEECH, EONNS, HEDLY, MNATE, PADUS, SKIPS, WINCO, VALLY. On a side note, your route also takes you right across the departure path of Fort Lauderdale, the second busiest airport in the Miami ARTCC.

The preferred route is definitely HEDLY PHK ORL (or even better, HEDLY2 HEDLY PHK ORL POGIE1).

You are not restricted from that route always. If you are with Miami Center and it doesn't look like anyone will be near that arrival corridor anytime soon, you can then request to fly the different route. I don't know how this interferes in Jacksonvilles side but my guess is that it interferes with their arrivals into Orlando (CWRLD4 arrival) and some departure/arrival paths in the Orlando/Jacksonville TRACONs.

If you fly VFR (weather permitting), you are not as restricted to where you can fly while IFR. Since Miami is a Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] B airport, you need clearance to enter/exit the Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] B. You also cannot enter Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] A airspace which thus means you can only go up to 17500 feet. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming someone is online, you can request flight following which should provide you with adequate traffic advisories. If you are really up for it, you can pickup IFR clearance as you approach Jacksonville if the weather gets bad or you want a more thorough service for the rest of your flight.

Hope this makes more sense on why you were not able to fly your route. Safe travels!

If you want to fly a scenic IFR route along the Florida coastline, I would suggest flying the reverse (JAX-MIA). You would more or less fly the entire time along the coastline. Route: EXBOX2 OMN HILEY6. Skyvector

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Taking a look a the chart, it is very likely that an aircraft is somewhere around FL240 at some point in that route. Your route is pretty close to the arrival and therefore has a high potential to being a conflict.

Josh,

Thanks for lots of interesting explanations and enclosed SkyVectors charts. Also thanks for your kind words on my screenshot samples.

When you said "Your route is pretty close to the arrival and therefore has a high potential to being a conflict.", that is why I picked the scenic route along the Florida's east coast because KJAX was having Vatsim event that would generate heavy traffic between KJAX and KATL as well as between KMIA and KJAX via ORL so hence me doing nice favor to relieve burden of Florida controllers by flying along the Florida coastline where traffic was empty instead of the heavy traffic corridor between KMIA and KJAX via ORL.

LOL

So much!!

Okay thanks for explanations. Good to know that my waypoints did not violate any Vatsim regulations. That is what counts

By the way, your suggestion for flying southward from KJAX to KMIA along the coastline was similiar to the three screenshot samples I showed to you LOL Hence me wanting to try the northern route from KMIA to KJAX via coastline LOL

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

Give him the route I'm sure those skilled Miami controllers can work it out! #APREQ

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
Hence me wanting to try the northern route from KMIA to KJAX via coastline

Use thrust reversers. Welcome

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
CQwL8Nm.png