You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Fill a single triangle

Matthew Moy 1288933

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

Morning all,

I would like to know is there a little program or website to do a solid triangle based on a coordinate point ?

This is what I want to do :

LhNMnDe.png

And for the people who is going to say do it in the symbology settings to draw your FIX, I can't because I want all my triangles without filling and only 3 of my FIX I want them with it.

Thanks !

Matthew M.

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

The only thing I can think of is setting all fixes to be unfilled triangles then adding regions to fill in the three triangles that you want filled using the .sline/.sline2 commands - although I think that the fixes resize and the regions won't (I could be wrong) - so you may want to draw the regions while you are at the zoom level that you spend the most if your time controlling at, alternatively it may be better to draw the regions around the fixes then turn off the display of the three fixes in the display settings dialog.

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

That's a very precise request Matthew!

As Sam mentioned, unless you are planning on keeping your display in a fixed position, there isn't really much of an option as to how to achieve what you're looking to do. I don't write plugins, but maybe there's a way of doing it with one... EuroScope won't let you (nor does it really need to in my opinion) do it though.

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

Ahah, yeah it is a very precise request

The solution I've found it to draw the triangle as a Region in Google Earth, thanks to both of you.

Sam, how do we use the .sline command ? I'm interested

Thanks,

Matthew M.

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted
Ahah, yeah it is a very precise request

The solution I've found it to draw the triangle as a Region in Google Earth, thanks to both of you.

Glad you got it sorted!

Sam, how do we use the .sline command ? I'm interested

Type ".sline" or ".sline2" into the EuroScope command bar and press enter, then left click the points on the display that you would like the co-ordinates for (a line will also be drawn connecting the points you click) then when you are finished right click and then the points you clicked on will be copied into the clipboard, so paste them where you want them.

Using ".sline" will format the points in the format used in the .ese file, while ".sline2" will give them in the normal sector file format.

See http://euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Command_Line_Reference for more details - and probably a better explanation!

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg