You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

OSX El Capitan

Tommi Karkkainen 1322309

Tommi Karkkainen 1322309
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

Has anyone of you upgraded to El Capitan yet? Apparently there's a few issues, but from that blog post it seems that the SASL aircraft unload crash shouldn't be too bad, if you keep the quick flight window on startup. Have you guys noticed any other unpleasant things? For example, something with XSquawkBox?

I'd like to upgrade but I'm slightly worried about it breaking X-Plane for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Roger Kaufmann 1058768
Posted
Posted

Hi Tommi. Indeed I've been battling with El Capitan for some time now, or rather with XSquawkbox. I can fly under El Capitan (XP 10.41) offline no problem, but as soon as I log into VATSIM wth XSQ, my frame rate goes to pot. Down to -10fps from an original 20-30fps. This makes things very difficult.

Did you ever upgrade to El Capitan and, if so, what's your experience?

Thanks!

Tommi Karkkainen 1322309
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply, Roger. I haven't upgraded yet. And I probably won't, at least not before I'm done with my thesis. I just simply can't afford to have any possible incompatibilities right now. But some time early next year I'm going to get the upgrade.

Have you reported the problems with XSquawkBox to the developer?

• 2 months later...
Tommi Karkkainen 1322309
Posted
Posted

I've now upgraded and seem to be able to fly both on- and offline without issue. Certainly without the FPS issues Roger reported.

• 2 weeks later...
Frank Martinelli 1316586
Posted
Posted

OSX El Capitan, X-Plane 10.4 and latest XSquawkbox, absolutely no problem since upgrading to it several months ago.