You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

COPX coordination going straight through as accepted

Jouka Ahponen

Jouka Ahponen
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I have installed the latest beta to solve the speed problems in Sweatbox. However with this latest beta I have a problem with coordinating new COPX with the next sector. The coordination goes straight through as accepted and doesn't even give any request for the next sector. Therefore whenever I want to make a coordination request I have to do it manually via text which is really annoying as silent coordination is the easiest way to make any coordination with the next sector.

This happens only when trying to coordinate new COPX. For example incoming traffic with COPN request goes normally, same goes with XFL coordinations both ways etc.

Anyone else who has this problem.

I am using topsky plugin by Juha Holopainen and Finnish sector file. Also tested this on Iceland sector file and normal euroscope without plugins. Same issue with all the variations.

Jouka

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately this is a known bug with the beta. I suggest you stick with ES 3.2 when controlling online until this is solved. You could still use the new beta for Sweatbox (keep a separate ES installation), where the coordination problem shouldn't really be an issue.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Jouka Ahponen
Posted
Posted

Thanks Martin,

Thought so. Guess this is what I need to do. Would be nice to see a bug fix soon though so there is no need to keep two separate installations of Euroscope on my system.

Best regards,

Jouka Ahponen

• 4 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

And, please, send me an example: SCT+LOG file, where it is reproducible, as so far I did not have a chance to test it.

Also, please, use the route prediction tool to see if the plane will enter to the specified sector or not.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 1 month later...
Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I've registered the same behaviour, but was [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming this is a feature. What I do now is confirming (dropdown and selecting) again the next controller (the station to coordinate with), then choosing COPX waypoint (and level). It's a bit more work, but allows me also to enter a direct without coordination (might be a general agreement or an oral one for the active session). Before, I had to manually select no frequency (--) to allow such directs. I like the functionality as it is now better than before.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Selecting a direct to item from the drop down list by right mouse click does the same. It enters the direct without coordination.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer