You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Regional jet?

Orr Dahan 1332926

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

my friends say I show up as a regional jet and not as a B738? What do I do?

P1 Pilot

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

nothing, its on his end not yours

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you logged in properly with an actual aircraft type (e.g. as a B738 and not as a 738 or as a B378 (I saw that one last night....), tell them to fix their model matching, as the issue is on their end.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

But where does vPilot get the livery information?

P1 Pilot

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Decided to look, especially since you said "friends", and not just one friend..... Looks like you may be causing the issue. On several of your last logins, you logged on as a "B738L". That is an invalid aircraft type. "B738" is valid (without the quotes, of course), and when you're filing a flight plan, you want to file as a B738/L (notice the slant), but if you log onto the network as a B738L, everyone's model matching software is going to say "There's no such thing as a B738L identified in my model matching rules (because there is no such aircraft type), so all I can do is show him as the default "no match" aircraft model.

Remember that model matching of course relies on what you have for AI and the "goodness" of the model matching rules you set up, plus the "goodness" of how people log onto the network. If someone logs on with an invalid aircraft type (e.g., ZZZZ or B738L or 777, etc.) no one (without some heroic measures/band aids) will be able to see you in what you "think" you are flying....

Don Desfosse

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted
But where does vPilot get the livery information?

You need to read my post above, as it points to the root cause of your current issue. But to answer your question, there are hundreds of pages written on that topic; you'll need to do some looking and reading yourself. Start with the product docomeentation and the FAQs post.

Don Desfosse

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Wait only if I file a IFR flight people can see my plane? what if I want to file a VFR flight?

P1 Pilot

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

has nothing to do with IFR or VFR. what gave you that impression?

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

where do I write my aircraft and livery type?

P1 Pilot

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

but I dont get how vPilot gets the info of the aircraft livery

P1 Pilot

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

which is explained in the link above

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

This is what I understood... If my CallSign is BAW111 I will have a British airways livery right?

P1 Pilot

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

"should" not will. but basically yes, its one way vpilot tries to match the model and livery. its all dependent on the user end however, how well they have their own models setup and how well the clients communicate to each other (they dont always). and ofcourse you login with the correct aircraft type listed as Don mentioned

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Ok thnx guys

P1 Pilot