You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

invalid CID/Password....first time user.

Tim Simpson

Tim Simpson
Posted
Posted

I joined Vatsim at the end of October. I tried to connect via X-Plane today for the first time, and I would connect, then get the "invalid" response, and then get disconnected.

I'd like to participate, so, does anyone have any tips or suggestions for a newb to X-Plane, xSquawkbox, and Vatsim?

Xplane runs fine on my puter. I was able to set up xSquawkbox and my microphone prior to connecting.

I did open a ticket too, but I thought I'd probe the forum brain trust in case anyone had a suggestion to try.

Thanks,

Tim

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Many times people attempt to copy/paste a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, and inadvertently pick up an extra space character (often at the end). Try typing it very deliberately and not copying/pasting if that's what you tried.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Tim Simpson
Posted
Posted

Hi Don,

I tried it both ways. No joy. I hope I can get this worked out. Vatsim looks like it will be fun.

Tim

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Can you try typing it in again, connecting to a different server.

If it dorsn't work, can you upload your X-Plane log.txt to a website after you try to connect and quit X-Plane?

Tim Simpson
Posted
Posted

Oh my gosh. I had copied my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word from my confirmation email, but I hand typed it instead of copy/paste. My p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word contains the symbol o/0 in it, and I just [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed that the letter "o" would not be used in a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. Everytime I tried logging in, I used a zero instead of the letter "o." Well, you guessed it, both O's and 0's must be used in the pw generation software.

All is good. I was able to log in, and received the welcome message. Bringing up SB showed I was connected.

Thanks for the quick replies Don. It's not easy being new at this whole Vatsim and X-Plane thing....lol.

Tim