You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What happened to Ireland?

Eoin Motherway 1315348

Eoin Motherway 1315348
Posted
Posted

I didn't know weather to place this in Controller talk or Pilot talk since this applies to both.

I joined VATSIM at the start of this year and noticed that Ireland was a very quiet place on the network.

You'd only ever see maybe 3 aircraft a day at most and ATC is once in a blue moon...

I did some searching on YouTube and the VATSIM statistics and noticed that Ireland actually use to be somewhat lively with both ATC and Aircraft.

It really saddens me to see my home so quiet on the network ... (I moved to Australia four years ago and i am part of the VATPAC division however i am actually from Cork, Ireland (EICK), and i wish to have VATPAC as my main division)

I sent VATEIRE a few e-mails asking for some visiting controller perms so i could try and brighten the place up when i come home during the X-mas holidays but they have not gotten back to me. (Every year, i fly from Australia to Ireland to visit family and i see that as a time where i can control in Ireland)

Dont get me wrong, i love VATPAC but i also wanna control in my home country as well as Australia.

So what happened to Ireland and is there any way i could control there???

C1 Controller

/O Pacific Oceanic Endorsement

BICC_FSS (Iceland Radio) Endorsement

Wygene Chong 1089621
Posted
Posted

Hi Eoin,

You may wish to post this in the VATeir forum:

http://www.vateir.org/forum/

Access is through a single sign-on VATSIM login. I believe you might be able to attract the attention of more Irish members there. Ireland is indeed quiet on VATSIM, although they did [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist with Iceland's Bridge between Continents event last week so I can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you they are definitely up and running!

Hope that helps!

Wygene Chong

C1 Controller | Iceland | Greenland | Faroe Islands

VATSIM Scandinavia