You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vectors from EGLL star endpoints

John McPherson

John McPherson
Posted
Posted

Enjoyed arriving in London last night flying Skyways 194 up from Nice for Flyuk. Great service from London Control and Heathrow Director...thanks guys.

As a relative newcomer, where can I find out more about the likely routes from the Star ends to the IAF? Last night we left BIG on hdg 280, then got a big right turn onto 070, then 090 before a left onto 360 then 330 to intercept the localiser for 27L.

Are there regular tracks you use, or is it all down to traffic or noise abatement?

John McP

John McPherson
Posted
Posted

Excellent. Thanks Lewis.

John McPherson
Posted
Posted

I have a subscription to Navigraph Charts Cloud, which is generally excellent...but it doesn't have these charts! I'll just have to download them from NATS-AIS and have them to hand. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume I'm meant to fly these myself when EGLL is uncontrolled on VATSIM?

Arvid Hansson
Posted
Posted
I have a subscription to Navigraph Charts Cloud, which is generally excellent...but it doesn't have these charts! I'll just have to download them from NATS-AIS and have them to hand. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume I'm meant to fly these myself when EGLL is uncontrolled on VATSIM?

The Navigraph charts do have them, they're depicted on the ILS charts as opposed to having separate charts.

If you don't fancy vectoring yourself these are good routes to fly in the absence of ATC, they are available as transitions in most FMCs.

Arvid Hansson | 1162891 | I3

VATEUD ATC Department Deputy Director

VATSIM Network Supervisor

John McPherson
Posted
Posted

Thanks Arvid,

I mainly fly the PMDG 737ng on FS9 so I'll explore the transitions in the FMC.

Previously I've been vectoring myself asking tracks that I now see probably interfered with EGLC, for example.

One of the things I enjoy most about online flying is that you never stop learning!