You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Failed to create aircraft error (split)

josh king 1341657

josh king 1341657
Posted
Posted

hi, i have downloaded all of theese files using the new installer you provided it works perfectly... but when in vpilot i still get theese messages:

SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft SHT6R using model "WoA_AIA_B763_RR_BAW-British Airways". This usually means you have vPilot configured wrong! Specifically, it means that you have downloaded model matching rule sets without having the actual AI models installed in your flight simulator! Read the vPilot model matching docomeentation for details.

does anyone know anything about this or help me out, thanks

josh king 1341657
Posted
Posted

yes, i have now downloaded them and installed them and i am still getting the same error... BUT! instead of it being a texture error it is now an error of an a319, 737 and on etc

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Did you verify your FSX.cfg has them installed? Can you either replicate or copy/paste the error message or post a screenshot?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

josh king 1341657
Posted
Posted

here is a screenshot, and also how do i 'verify the aircraft.cfg'

http://imgur.com/RLvTmhA

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

That error indicates that you've selected an aircraft to be displayed as a default aircraft that you don't actually have installed. My guess is that you manually changed the default aircraft in vPilot. Suggest you go to Settings > Model Matching and press the "USE FSX A321" button, then click Apply and OK. That should revert your default aircraft to the FSX Airbus A321 that came with FSX. That should work [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you didn't delete the default A321. Or, if you think you installed another, separate, add-on aircraft with an aircraft title of just "A321", which is something other than the FSX default Airbus A321, let us know because something is incorrect with your configuration.

Don Desfosse

josh king 1341657
Posted
Posted

im still getting so many of the same errors

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Please post a screenshot of your Settings > Model Matching settings.

[PS: Since you hijacked this thread, I've asked that this last several posts be moved into a thread within the vPilot forum]

Don Desfosse

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Split

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg