You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Transfering

Sol Vashez 1340425

Sol Vashez 1340425
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I am newer to Vatsim and wanted to fly from the West Coast to the East Coast. When I connect, I am prompted by available servers (USA-W, USA-E, etc). When I am traveling, do I need to manually switch servers? I use XSquawkBox since I use X-Plane.

-Sol Vashez

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

The servers have nothing to do with who you see (ATC or Pilots). You should choose the server that is closest you or the one with the best ping. Regardless of which server you're on, you'll see all the planes.

Sol Vashez 1340425
Posted
Posted
The servers have nothing to do with who you see (ATC or Pilots). You should choose the server that is closest you or the one with the best ping. Regardless of which server you're on, you'll see all the planes.

For me, if I choose to list people online, it makes a difference. If I choose USA-E for example, I won't receive ATC transmissions from USA-E

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Sol,

All the VATSIM servers are interconnected, so you will see everything no matter what server you are on.

I often fly in the USA using the VATOCE server, and I have no problems connecting with ATC nor seeing other pilots. Try it out, if you have a problem describe what you aren't seeing?

Happy flying,

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png