You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Loss of ATC after a couple Minutes

David Leh

David Leh
Posted
Posted

I have just started using XSquawkbox on VATSIM. It works fine for a few minutes while I am on a frequency talking to ATC then it just drops out, I can no longer then hear ATC until I switch to another frequency, then switch back. Best I can tell, ATC is always able to hear my outgoing voice, I just loose their transmissions after a couple minutes until I do the frequency switch.

I am using XPlane X 64 bit; Windows 7, XSquawkbox 1.3.1

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Dave

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

David Leh
Posted
Posted

Thanks, but not sure this is my issue because I have no problems with FSX w/ FSInn (i.e.- that works fine) it is only XPlane w/ XSquawkBox that has this problem.

I would think if it was a port or firewall issue, neither would work.

Would you agree?

Thanks,

Dave

• 1 month later...
David Leh
Posted
Posted

Any thoughts on this? I would love to fly on VATSIM with XPlane, but just cant for this reason.

Thanks,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

Not necessarily - Poor NAT impelmentations or tuning would definitely cause it - it does sound a bit to me like you're getting a NAT timeout and that's closing off the voice channels prematurely. See if there's a NAT session timeout on your router, and if there is, you could try increasing it - personally, I'd just get a better router.

This one is really hard for me to verify anyway - I'm not having these problems with XSB so it does appear to be outside of XSB itself.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.