You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Need Assistance From Swedish Controllers Or Experts Please

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings Swedish controllers or experts in Swedish airport sceneries,

I am getting ready for famous annual Santa Vatsim event that is held this Saturday. In order to get ready for any possible diversion from EFRO to ESPA, I decided to download freeware ESPA scenery for FSX use as suggested in the official Santa event website.

Unfortunately, there is no instructions for installation for freeware ESPA scenery that came in package of many folders to the point I do not know which folder I should install or add to my FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 in Windows 7 Pro operating system.

Can any Swedish controller or Swedish expert in Swedish airport scenery please be kind enough to write explanations on installation of freeware ESPA scenery called ESPA FSX V1 by Ubbe Nilsson?

Thanks for your matter in this attention.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Arvid Hansson
Posted
Posted

Shalom Aharon,

Installing the Luleå scenery is no different from installing any other scenery that doesn't come with an installer. In the .zip file you will find 3 folders: Addon Scenery, Scenery, and Texture. Simply drag these into the main folder of FSX and merge any folders when probed.

You will then need to activate the scenery in your FSX scenery library, go to the FSX menu and locate the scenery library, click "Add Area" and navigate to your FSX Folder -> Addon Scenery -> ESPA. Select this folder and click OK. This is again not a procedure specific to Swedish airports so if you have any problems at all with this I suggest you Google for help.

Good luck, see you in Swedish airspace on Saturday!

Regards,

Arvid - Swedish controller and expert in Swedish airport scenery

Arvid Hansson | 1162891 | I3

VATEUD ATC Department Deputy Director

VATSIM Network Supervisor

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
In the .zip file you will find 3 folders: Addon Scenery, Scenery, and Texture. Simply drag these into the main folder of FSX and merge any folders when probed.

Arvid,

Yeah I know how to install add on sceneries BUT in this ESPA scenery, I see MANY folders for Addon Scenery, Scenery, and Texture. It is NOT three folders Addon Scenery, Scenery, and Texture. There are many many folders for each of Addon Scenery, Scenery, and Texture. I do not know which one I am supposed to install. Hence me asking around.

When I look inside one of many folders, the file name says something that starts with OXBR..... I think it is wrong folder and it is supposed to be for people who owns OXBR land scenery

A typical freeware scenery would have two folders: scenery and texture. On rare occasion, people would need to add to scenery folder of addonscenery some files.

But ESPA has so many folders.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Arvid Hansson
Posted
Posted

I see MANY folders for Addon Scenery, Scenery, and Texture.

It is NOT three folders Addon Scenery, Scenery, and Texture.

Aharon

I'm not sure where you're going with this. Take the 3 folders named Addon Scenery, Scenery and Texture and paste these 3 folders into your FSX main folder. Then add the scenery as normal via Addon Scenery -> ESPA

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

It is ok I will try to figure out

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

I figured it out and the scenery works well as seen below.

If you know any amazing freeware Swedish airport in extremely northernmost Sweden that is capable of handling normal p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]enger jet planes (at least 7,000 ft for runway), I would appreciate you letting me know please.

espa_zpsq7mlgfwh.jpg

Also, is there any AMAZING freeware airport scenery for Malmo for use of FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2, please? I love the Wallender mystery episodes starring Johanna Sällström, Nina Zanjani, and Krister Henriksson and want to fly to Malmo airport!!!

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Arvid Hansson
Posted
Posted

Glad you worked it out.

If you know any amazing freeware Swedish airport in extremely northernmost Sweden that is capable of handling normal p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]enger jet planes (at least 7,000 ft for runway), I would appreciate you letting me know please.

If Luleå isn't north enough for you there's Kiruna (ESNQ), scenery also available from RB Design.

Also, is there any AMAZING freeware airport scenery for Malmo for use of FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2, please?

Malmö was included in the SWED2011 package made by a guy called Lennart. I believe the website was shut down and the files moved as he started a new scenery project (Sweden Design) but I'm sure you'll find it if you google a bit.

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
If Luleå isn't north enough for you there's Kiruna (ESNQ), scenery also available from RB Design.

Thanks!! Downloaded it and it looked very easy to install!!! Going to install it today!! Thanks

Malmö was included in the SWED2011 package made by a guy called Lennart. I believe the website was shut down and the files moved as he started a new scenery project (Sweden Design) but I'm sure you'll find it if you google a bit.

Thanks Found it on internet and downloaded it. So many files with many airports and many files for other stuffs without installation instructions!!!!! I am guessing all I have to do is to pick Malmo folder out of so many folders and install it????? Anyway, this can wait until next year.

Once again, thanks for your kind help.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Arvid Hansson
Posted
Posted
So many files with many airports and many files for other stuffs without installation instructions!!!!!

If you've got the same package I have there should be a folder called "Information" in which installation instructions in English are provided. IIRC you have to install a few generic bits as well for custom objects to show correctly, and not just the ESMS folder.

Once again, thanks for your kind help.

No worries at all, glad to help out where I can.