You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Lag/Jumping/Sticking

Martin Tait 908838

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

In need of some help.

My flight sim has just started doing this (no idea why), every min or so it will stick (like the frame rates have done to 1 for a split second), the mouse sticks to so its not just FS. Even now (FS is open) if i move my mouse icon around the screen it will stick now and again. Any idea of the problem/fix?

gfx card temp is quite high.... 70-75!!!

i can also hear some sound coming from the hard drive i think it is...

Cheers,

Martin

EDIT - just took a flight from inverness to dublin, the frame rates are set to 35 and hover around 30-35, they dont drop when the screen sticks , its very anoying on approach and landing

British Airways | B737 | EGLL

logo-red-small.png

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

Found the problem, need a fix.

Problem: when i undock the main panel and put it on my 2nd screen the problem starts. its perfect when there as normal with one screen being used.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this? maby another video card? a old PIC (not PCI-E) card for the old CTR screen for the main panel?

logo-red-small.png

Ross Moir 844817
Posted
Posted

Hello Martin ,

I have the same problem with my 2 monitor setup , even with a reasonably powerful PCIe card . I think running another card for the second monitor may fix the problem. As soon as I get rich enough , I intend to get a secon card ( PCI) , for the second (and possibly 3rd ) monitor . 75 degrees is a bit on the warm side , perhaps an aftermarket cooler would help.

Ross Moir

Taxiway ALPHA Landing Expert

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

Just curious do you have both monitors set to the same screen resolution? As well, you should have your FS9 screen resolution set the same as well (Options->Display Hardware tab).

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

Yep, all at the same resolution, still does it

logo-red-small.png