You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

2016 VATSPY Update Suggestion Thread

David Malinowski 1087539

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi All,

Me again. Happy new year!

Just wanted to give everyone the opportunity to make suggestions for the upcoming update which should be out by the end of this month at the latest.

I'd like to post a tentative deadline for next Monday, 1/11/16 for all preliminary suggestions.

I realized that there were some major (and quite necessary) changes that were left off of my previous update. Please go ahead and post here publicly even if you have contacted me by e-mail over the last few months.

As of now, the update will incorporate the following:

-Australian FIR boundaries, proper FIR names, and UIRs

-Updated FSS for Greenland and Iceland above FL245

-Select updated airport names (i.e. Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok and Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas)

-New abbreviators for Guayaquil Center positions

-Added select few GA airports in United States

-Changed ICAO code for Lima JC Intl (SPIM is now SPJC)

-Updated a slew of Indonesian airport ICAO codes

-Included VATPRC China update (new Wuhan sectors, airports)

-Added Turkey Upper Control (LTUP_CTR)

-Added all Mongolian Airports

-Added airports to Angola

Off the table (as in, not possible):

-Requests for new VATSPY features

-Anything regarding boundaries for London Control positions

For any specific airport requests:

ICAO|Name|LONG (00.000000)|LAT (00.000000)|[TMA]|[FIR/CTR]|0

Ask/Suggest Away!

Edited by Guest

Current occasional pilot

Former New York ARTCC Level 5 Approach Controller | Former Jacksonville ARTCC and vatUK SE/EGLL RTS Visitor

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Malinowski 1087539

• Ned Hamilton 1215492

• Sachin Gnath

• Thimo Koolen

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Malinowski 1087539

David Malinowski 1087539 15 posts

• Ned Hamilton 1215492

Ned Hamilton 1215492 5 posts

• Sachin Gnath

Sachin Gnath 5 posts

• Thimo Koolen

Thimo Koolen 4 posts

Popular Days

• Jan 4 2016

11 posts

• Jan 5 2016

8 posts

• Nov 3 2016

4 posts

• Jan 11 2016

3 posts

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Dave, be sure to let me know when this is done and I'll add it to the downloaded version.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted
Dave, be sure to let me know when this is done and I'll add it to the downloaded version.

With pleasure!

Current occasional pilot

Former New York ARTCC Level 5 Approach Controller | Former Jacksonville ARTCC and vatUK SE/EGLL RTS Visitor

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted

-Bermuda does not show local controllers when they are online. This corrects that from my experience.

TXKF|Bermuda Intl|32.364042|-64.678703|BDA|KZNY|0

-The new Doha airport in Qatar is missing

OTHH|Hamad Intl|25.274500|51.608333||OBBB|0

Happy holidays and thank you for the update!

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted

Umar those were both included in the previous update posted just a couple of years ago. If the link is not active, those changes are included in the 2016 version anyhow.

Current occasional pilot

Ned Hamilton 1215492
Posted
Posted

First Vatspy is fantastic (no pun).

Can you add EDGG FIR areas to be highlighted when one of the EDGG controllers is online?

Ned

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

The links to Vataware pages are not working. They redirect to their main page.

KntU2Cw.jpg

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted

Can you add EDGG FIR areas to be highlighted when one of the EDGG controllers is online?

They're showing online for me as EDGG_XX_CTR. Is there a particular designator that needs to be added?

Current occasional pilot

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted
The links to Vataware pages are not working. They redirect to their main page.

Vataware itself has a bit of difficulty on my end largely in part because it was completely redone a little while ago, Vatspy is configured for the old version but the Vataware website itself needs a bit of a fix first.

Current occasional pilot

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'll look into fixing the VATAWARE links in VATSpy as well.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ned Hamilton 1215492
Posted
Posted

They're showing online for me as EDGG_XX_CTR. Is there a particular designator that needs to be added?

I'm not sure what you mean. When today for example EDGG_E or maybe it was EGDD_P was online, the map did not show the EDGG area highlighted.

Ned

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure what you mean. When today for example EDGG_E or maybe it was EGDD_P was online, the map did not show the EDGG area highlighted.

Yeah EDGG highlights by default. Can anyone from Germany confirm what other callsigns are in use? Is EGDD valid? That's an easy fix if so.

Current occasional pilot

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

David, take a moment and check out the airports on the eastern edge of ZNY. Make sure the don't all default to Boston when we know they shouldn't. Thanks.

Ira Robinson

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
Yeah EDGG highlights by default. Can anyone from Germany confirm what other callsigns are in use? Is EGDD valid? That's an easy fix if so.

EGDD is something in the UK. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you meant EDGG, yes, that is valid ;)

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted

EGDD is something in the UK. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you meant EDGG, yes, that is valid

Ahh yeah that's already in as Langen Radar. Should be okay.

Current occasional pilot

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted
David, take a moment and check out the airports on the eastern edge of ZNY. Make sure the don't all default to Boston when we know they shouldn't. Thanks.

Hey Ira! Good to hear from you, and happy New Year. All except Montauk are in ZNY and this is correct within the data file for VATSPY.

Current occasional pilot

Ned Hamilton 1215492
Posted
Posted

EGDD is something in the UK. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you meant EDGG, yes, that is valid

Ahh yeah that's already in as Langen Radar. Should be okay.

Do you mean it's in now or in the new release? It certainly isn't working now.

Ned

Ned Hamilton 1215492
Posted
Posted

Tuesday (Jan05) 18:38Z and EDWW_CTR is online and on the map EDWW FIR is highlighted. Same for LSAS_CTR.

But both EDGG_E_CTR and EDGG_T_CTR are online yet none of the area in Germany is highlighted on the map except EDWW.

Ned

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted
Tuesday (Jan05) 18:38Z and EDWW_CTR is online and on the map EDWW FIR is highlighted. Same for LSAS_CTR.

But both EDGG_E_CTR and EDGG_T_CTR are online yet none of the area in Germany is highlighted on the map except EDWW.

Untitled_zpso9hergpx.png

This by default (I believe) works with the original VATSPY. I'm not exactly sure what you're seeing. Download the 2014 update from that topic in the interim or send me a PM with you're e-mail and I'll give you corrected files.

Current occasional pilot

Ned Hamilton 1215492
Posted
Posted

Yeah, that's not happening on my version. 1.0.3719.41261

I thought I had the latest version. Maybe there are some old support files I didn't update?

I'll send you PM with my email if I can find where to do the PM!

Ned

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted

Deadline is Monday. Please keep the requests coming!

Current occasional pilot

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted

Added a slew of airports today in the United States, Canada, and Mongolia.

Current occasional pilot

Merik Nanish 1184142
Posted
Posted

Can you please make it such that NY_CTR and NY_*_CTR map to New York Center (they do now) but NY_CCO_CTR and NY_BDA_CTR map to New York Oceanic (different from current behavior)? For refence, NY_FSS and NY_*_FSS currently (correctly) map to New York Oceanic.

Also, can you please make it such that BDA_TWR and BDA_GND map to TXKF's ground and tower positions?

NYARTCC Facility Engineer and Instructor

255qao8.png

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted
Can you please make it such that NY_CTR and NY_*_CTR map to New York Center (they do now) but NY_CCO_CTR and NY_BDA_CTR map to New York Oceanic (different from current behavior)? For refence, NY_FSS and NY_*_FSS currently (correctly) map to New York Oceanic.

Also, can you please make it such that BDA_TWR and BDA_GND map to TXKF's ground and tower positions?

Unless you create a new FIR for oceanic, it will light up over KZNY if it's _CTR and under KZNY Oceanic if it's _FSS. If you wanted you could rename "KZNY Oceanic" as "KZWY" and rename every position to be ZWY_XX_FSS/CTR and it would work that way.

Also the latest VATSPY update will light up BDA_XXX

Current occasional pilot

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted

11 more hours for suggestions.

Current occasional pilot