You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot on a remote machine

Ittai Arnon

Ittai Arnon
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I know it is probably been discussed many times.

I've manage to install and use vPilot on a remote machine with traffic proxy but I t is not really effective since you have to use the remote sound for ATC...

So using Fs2crew and vPilot are not really possible....

I tried to find a way maybe to login on my main machine and make vPilot on the remote just for text and sound but nada...

if someone know a trick or a way , will be appreciate if can post here.

Ittai Arnon

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

There's no way to do that currently, however I'm considering a rewrite of vPilot's model matching system which will require vPilot to run on the FSX machine so that it can scan all the installed models when it starts up, so that it knows what you have installed instead of requiring the user to download model matching rule sets.

Since many users like to run vPilot on a remote machine (because they run FSX in full screen mode and/or they want to have the vPilot window available on a separate monitor, etc.) I'm planning to allow a remote vPilot window to be launched in order to handle all the interaction with vPilot such as filing a flight plan, viewing the controller list, sending/receiving text messages, and optionally voice comms. (So you'll be able to do voice comms on either the main vPilot window or the remote.)

This rewrite will take a long time I'm sure, because it's a pretty major architecture change, but vPilot will be quite a bit more flexible for networked installations when it's done.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ittai Arnon
Posted
Posted
There's no way to do that currently, however I'm considering a rewrite of vPilot's model matching system which will require vPilot to run on the FSX machine so that it can scan all the installed models when it starts up, so that it knows what you have installed instead of requiring the user to download model matching rule sets.

Since many users like to run vPilot on a remote machine (because they run FSX in full screen mode and/or they want to have the vPilot window available on a separate monitor, etc.) I'm planning to allow a remote vPilot window to be launched in order to handle all the interaction with vPilot such as filing a flight plan, viewing the controller list, sending/receiving text messages, and optionally voice comms. (So you'll be able to do voice comms on either the main vPilot window or the remote.)

This rewrite will take a long time I'm sure, because it's a pretty major architecture change, but vPilot will be quite a bit more flexible for networked installations when it's done.

Looking forwared for it ! Thx Ross !

Ittai Arnon

Oliver Branaschky
Posted
Posted

Thanks, Ross, this is great news. In fact, not being able to use vPilot on a remote machine while using voice comms from the FSX machine is the ONLY reason I'm not using it yet.

Regards,

Oliver