You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New vPilot beta release

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

All,

I just posted a new build in the beta channel. This beta release primarily fixes a minor bug where web links in text messages would cause your font size setting to be ignored when the text after the link is drawn. There are some other minor tweaks in this build as well. View the changelog on the download page for details.

You can download the beta release at the following URL or get it via automatic update if you have vPilot configured to pull updates from the Beta channel.

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Download.aspx

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Stefano Amatore 1281869
Posted
Posted

great!!!!

Ned Hamilton 1215492
Posted
Posted

Any news on the P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Error messages? I'm still getting them sporadically.

Ned

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Any news on the P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Error messages? I'm still getting them sporadically.

Note that the error you're referring to is not caused by your copy of vPilot. You get that error when someone else sends a malformed position packet. This beta build fixes the issue that causes those malformed packets to be sent. So, once everyone is running this release, nobody will get those errors any more. Once this beta release is out for a few days and I haven't received any bug reports, I'll mark this beta version as stable, so then everyone will have it, except those that turn off automatic updates, of course. For those, I'll probably modify vPilot to ignore this specific type of malformed packet so that the error won't be generated even if someone is running an old version of vPilot and sends out the malformed packet.

Ned Hamilton 1215492
Posted
Posted

I guess it would be too difficult to stop the bad packets from propagating from the server even if a client sends it?

Ned

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I guess it would be too difficult to stop the bad packets from propagating from the server even if a client sends it?

I personally don't think that would be too difficult, and I'm somewhat surprised that these packets aren't just rejected by the server, but I guess the server has never really been more than just a packet router and doesn't do more than security-based validation on a packet. (Such as ensuring that you don't send a position update for someone else's plane. )