You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Unhandled Exception

Josh Balog 1331981

Josh Balog 1331981
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I've just recently built a new PC and while trying to get vPilot going have I have been running into this problem. Every time I try to open vPilot i get the following Unhandled Exception:

YFEDBOL.png

I am running Windows 10, and I would greatly appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

The link to the file you need is right in the docomeentation, near the top of the page, under System Requirements.....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Josh Balog 1331981
Posted
Posted

Yes I have tried to install that but I also get the following error message when trying to do that.

CPhMKTz.png

Here are the DirectX Error Logs:

FYDtu2f.png

N43QLaK.png

Josh Balog 1331981
Posted
Posted

Also, I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise. Could using the enterprise version be creating a problem?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I really have no idea what's causing that error ... most users run the DirectX installer and they're good to go.

I'm going to send you a link to download a version of vPilot that doesn't require the missing DLL and we'll see if that gets you going. You may still run into a problem because vPilot needs other parts of DirectX to work, namely the DirectInput library in order to read button presses for Push-To-Talk. We'll see. I'll have the new build ready for you to try later tonight. (I'm east coast US, it's 5:30 PM right now.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Josh Balog 1331981
Posted
Posted
I really have no idea what's causing that error ... most users run the DirectX installer and they're good to go.

I'm going to send you a link to download a version of vPilot that doesn't require the missing DLL and we'll see if that gets you going. You may still run into a problem because vPilot needs other parts of DirectX to work, namely the DirectInput library in order to read button presses for Push-To-Talk. We'll see. I'll have the new build ready for you to try later tonight. (I'm east coast US, it's 5:30 PM right now.)

Alright, thanks for all your help on this. I'm in MST, two hours behind you, so I'll be waiting for it.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

PM sent.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC