You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Audio problem

James Mitchell

James Mitchell
Posted
Posted (edited)

Maybe its not vPilot's problem but that of my new logitech H600 wireless bluetooth headset. I have run the test and it said it was ok, Squelch 3.32, however I am not sending (no TX on vPilot) when I talk. The headset has an on / off button on the bottom of the earpiece and settings won't allow me to set up a PTT [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment button. The settings window just flashes when I press the Tab (my selection for PTT) and will not set up.

Edited by Guest

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Perhaps try a different key and see if that works.

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

James Mitchell
Posted
Posted

OK it accepted another key but still not light up on TX, RX works fine.

James Mitchell
Posted
Posted

I forgot to add that when headset is on transmit and I press my button I get a "Buzz" sound but TX does not change colour.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The buzz means you aren't connected to any voice server. That means you're not on a frequency that is in use by an active controller.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

If you're in the same boat I was recently, you won't see any TX-light and won't get any transmits through, but RX works fine. Doesn't matter what combination of admin mode you run FSX and vPilot in. For me it turned out to be related to windows update, weirdly enough. After trying every possible solution, restarting my PC several times, I just ran an update check for win7, installed whatever was available, and suddenly the voice was back.

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

Actually I found this same problem the other day when I went to the Beta version.

The .debug did show it reading the PTT talk, but the TX never changed color.

Reverted back to the stable version and all is working again.

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Changing versions probably didn't actually fix the issue, that was most likely just a coincidence. There are no differences between the beta and stable versions that are related to voice comms. Might be that your firewall was already set to allow connections from the stable exe, and when you switched to beta, it didn't recognize the exe and blocked it.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

Good Point Ross, I'll try it again and make sure the beta can get through.

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]

James Mitchell
Posted
Posted

Well I go the TX light to come on but no answer from ATC.

Had to set up Caps as the transmit key. Seems dumb that I have an on off stitch on my mike that I have to have a buton switch as well. Hope someone talks to me soon my typing skills are lacking.