You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ACE Utility for Legendary C-130 from Captain Sim

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

I posted this over at the AVSIM "Unofficial Captain Sim Forum" also, but thought I might reach that many more people by posting here as well.

"Quite some time ago (2009 I think) I purchased the CS Legendary C-130 Base Pack for FS2004. A year or so later I purchased the Extra Pack with the UN L-100, Bare Metal C-130A, the 130J with hush props, and the Polar Ski Kit...among others.

I can use the Aircraft Configuration Editor (ACE) on the Legendary C-130s, but nothing from the extra pack shows up in ACE. I think this is because the installer for the Extra Pack installs only a couple of the "extra pack" aircraft in the existing "Legendary_C-130" aircraft folder. It creates two new aircraft folders called "Legendary_C-133" (the UN plane, C-130J, and others) and "Legendary LH_C-130" (the Polar Ski Kit). It would appear ACE is only looking for "Legendary_C-130" and does not "see" the other two new aircraft folders.

All aircraft appear in the FS2004 "Select Aircraft" window. The reason this has come to a head is I want to configure the Polar Kit and a repaint I did for the L-100 with external tanks. This is done via the ACE utility under the "Preflight/Fuel" tab.

Anyone know how to get the ACE Utility to recognize the Extra Pack aircraft, or...know what I would add to the aircraft config to get external tanks?"

Thanks

Randy

Edit: Well, never mind I guess. After quite a bit of searching on the official Captain Sims website I found a couple of obscure posts from 2010 that discuss the ACE and the Extra Packs.

Seems CS (their words) never bothered to update their ACE Tool so it could read any of the aircraft in the Extra Pack. Since they moved solely to FSX like PMDG, they never bothered with it and those of us with it are left "out there".

I found a work around, but to get external tanks I lose the VC and all side views. I have to temporarily rename "Legendary_C-130" to something else and then rename "Legendary_C-133" to "Legendary_C-130". Then the ACE will read the Extra Pack and the externals will show. Downside is it completely screws up the viewpoint in the VC and any sideviews are from the Navigator's perspective. Moving the eyepoint forward only gets me to the backrest of the pilot's seat, so still no view. And the aircraft will not remain configured that way once I rename everything back.

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

thats why im not a CS fan any longer and refuse to buy their stuff. they were once very loyal to their customers, as many of us were to them. when they ditched that model, i was done with them. cant kick your customers and expect them to come back