You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Installing onto different drive D: drive issues

Jason Thompson

Jason Thompson
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I went to install VPilot onto the D Drive as my Flight simulator programs and Simconnect files are on the D drive.

But it doesn't give me the option of installing onto a different Drive how can I rectify this?

Thanks

Jason

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Easiest and most reliable way? Don't. Let it install itself where it wants to be installed.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

There is no reason why you would not have been given this option.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When I built the installer for vPilot, I decided to follow the same approach that Google Chrome takes. It installs in your user account's application data folder so that you can install it even without administrator rights on the system. Since the installed files are so small, 3.9MB, I figured it is not necessary to be able to install it on a separate drive. (If you don't have a few megs free in your user account's appdata folder, you've got bigger problems.)

If you really want to have the files somewhere else, feel free to move them. They'll run from anywhere, as long as they are kept together. (Including the sounds folder.)

For version 2, I'll probably have an "advanced" button on the installer that lets you override the install location.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jason Thompson
Posted
Posted

Guys,

Thanks for the response it's fine on C Drive and not taken much space apart from the error message which shows up but think I'll have to do a separate post.

Regards

Jason