You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

After exiting vPilot there is no sound from ATC in FSX:SE

Peter Thompsonn 1345147

Peter Thompsonn 1345147
Posted
Posted

I have experienced this problem twice.

After a VATSIM-session i disconnect and exit vPilot. Unfortunately i'm now unable to hear ATC in normal "single-player mode".

Sound and ATC is checked in options. Other sounds - ie engine - is OK.

FSX restart : Still no ATC (except text).

Tried to load different missions. Still no sound.

My guess is, that vPilot disables FSX-coms to avoid radioclutter. If anyone knows how to turn it on again, any help would be much appreciated.

Peter.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot doesn't do anything deliberately to shut off FSX ATC, but maybe that happens automatically when vPilot injects aircraft into the sim via SimConnect. I've never tested this because I never use FSX ATC.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Peter Thompsonn 1345147
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply Ross.

TBH i rarely use FSX ATC. But i got some missions i want to fly and i guess voice would be great for these.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

From your original post, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume ATC comms work fine *before* you launch vPilot. Is that right? If so, then you should be able to fly those missions just fine ... simply do not launch vPilot.

Peter Thompsonn 1345147
Posted
Posted

Yup. ATC worked fine before. But not anymore. Whether or not vPilot is on.

As mentioned problem persists even if FSX is restarted. I have also tried another VATSIM session just to see if FSX ATC would return.

Peter

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm confused ... are you saying you can't get ATC audio now even if you don't start vPilot? In other words, vPilot has nothing to do with it? If that's the case, then I would just check your FSX settings to see if the ATC has been turned off.

Peter Thompsonn 1345147
Posted
Posted

Thats correct. No ATC whether vPilot is on or off.

FSX ATC on in FSX settings. All other sounds OK.

FSX ATC disappeared after exiting vPilot. Could be a coincidence, but doubt it since it has happened twice (reinstalled FSX first time to fix it).

Peter

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

So in order to fly the missions you want to fly, you can just not run vPilot, and you're all set, right?

I still don't see how vPilot can be turning off anything in FSX, but I'll just [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that's some internal quirk of FSX.

Peter Thompsonn 1345147
Posted
Posted

Problem solved. Dunno why. But during the daily VATSIM-fix i got a shotfull of network, p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]-errors. Apparently it fixed it. Doesn't make any sense to me, as to why it should help (and probably didnt), but prob solved.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Problem solved. Dunno why. But during the daily VATSIM-fix i got a shotfull of network, p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]-errors. Apparently it fixed it. Doesn't make any sense to me, as to why it should help (and probably didnt), but prob solved.

There's pretty much no way that had anything to do with it. Something else solved the issue, and I'm betting it had nothing to do with vPilot at all.