You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Posted on Behalf of Lance Williams

Donno Cole 813628

Donno Cole 813628
Posted
Posted

On behalf of Lance Williams -

Seeing as though I am suspended until who knows when, I have asked Donno Cole to post this on my behalf.

First off, I'm extremely sorry for my behavior on this forum last weekend. I let an incident between me and a VATUSA staff member get the best of me and I let it spill on to this forum. I'm humbly embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed by my own actions and apologize to every person that had to read those immature post(s) by me.

Second, I have apologized to the Chicago ARTCC for the "cancellation" of TGIF.

They were at first, understandably, disappointed in this, but as the days have gone on with AvA, UPS and FFT still flying into Chicago, it sounds like it will still be a mad house and that I am grateful for. It was never my intention to hurt other non-related parties to my personal dispute, but I now see how my actions did indeed, even if only temporarily, affect them. I hope Chicago rocks the house down on Friday!

Third, TGIF WILL CONTINUE! Let's put a stop to the unsubstantiated rumors, takeovers, etc. going on here. AvA has indeed decided to leave TGIF officially and will be doing its own thing. UPS, FFT and VCA will continue to sponsor TGIF. The TGIF schedule will not change. We are currently booked solid (with exception to May 12th) through July and we will indeed fly to each of those destinations as well as any other destination that invites us. VCA & I personally thank AvA for their long support of TGIF and completely understand & support their decision to leave TGIF as an official sponsoring VA. We wish them nothing but continued success in their future endeavors.

Fourth, I (this is Lance speaking) personally see how my behavior has hurt VCA's reputation in the VA, Sim & VATSIM community. I may have started VCA. I may have started TGIF and I may have created some pretty dang sweet events, but none of that should allow my behavior to denigrate VCA's reputation. VCA has some of the most professional, knowledgeable and dang friendliest members on the VATSIM network. I don't intend to allow my behavior to tarnish that reputation any longer so I have tendered my resignation as CEO of Virtual Continental Airlines effective as soon as that position is filled by a currently qualified VCA staff member. We have several very well qualified VCA staff members to take VCA into the upcoming years and I hope that this will allow VCA's reputation as a quality, professional VA to continue and grow as the rest of the simulation community grows.

Sincerely,

Lance

Respectuflly Submitted -

Donno Cole

ZSE C1

COA664

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Without dwelling on what has transpired, it's good to see him take responsbility for his actions, call them for what they were, and put and end to the downward spiral. Hopefully VCA can move on.

Richard Green 810012
Posted
Posted

Here here...

Good luck to the new VCAIR management, no one could or should argue that Lance didn't build a great VA with the help of some talented people, I am sure one of them will continue the traditions that built a great pilot base.

Richard Green

VATSIM Supervisor

SB Testing & Support Team

VRC Testing & Support Team

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Lance did a great job with VCA and the various events they founded/ran. I'm glad to see he could step up to the plate and offer this apology.

Thanks Lance.

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Very shocking.

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

Chris Smith
Posted
Posted

I say we all look beyond our differences and move on by, this Friday, giving the Chicago ARTCC a boatload of traffic to keep the delightful chaos of TGIF alive!

Chris Smith

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at http://www.ndbair.com

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

Make sure some (20 or so) stop by Milwaukee one of the overlooked airports in the the Chicago ARTCC. Its only a 30min flight from the more popular ORD

Nick

Nathan Sleyster 878239
Posted
Posted

I've always thought it takes a mature man to step up and admit when he was wrong, and say he is sorry. Nicely done, Lance. I have a new respect for you.

ZSE ATM and I1

1798.png

Ethan Stein 890841
Posted
Posted

I think Lance is a very hard-working and successful individual that does deserve respect from the VATSIM community, although I agree some of his posts here on the Forums were unmistakably immature and perhaps uncalled for (although I'm not really familliar with the politics). I hope if he does get a second chance, maybe he'll calm down some with the whole 'VATUSA1 is dictator' thing and continue TGIF, what he is known for and is what many pilots and ATC look up to.

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Lance said VATUSA1 is a dictator?

I must of missed that.

The differences I have had with Lance [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ide, I think it is absolutely rediculous that he was suspensed. Bottom line.

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

Matt Jamieson
Posted
Posted

It's amazing to me on how such an event like TGIF can be the focus point of arguments between two parties. But regardless of the reason behind the bickering and 'mud slinging', Lance has showen that he does know when he's wrong and when he's right.. Regarless of hic-up's with Lance I've never lost total respect on what he's accomplished and continues to do for the VATUSA community.. It takes a brave man to come out in public and apologize for his wrong doings.. Good luck Lance and I certainly wish you the best.. And I'm sure we will be seeing you soon; even behind the scense of the new appointed-to-be CEO of VCA..

Best regards,

Matt Jamieson

ZLC ATM

[email protected]

Larry Stewart 811621
Posted
Posted

I do not know Mr. Williams anymore than I know about 99% of you. I did not know who he was, what he did, and did not (nor do I currently) care, not because I am rude, or whatever, but perhaps due to just not getting to spend enough time here. But it could be one hundred other reasons as well.

Regardless, I do not see that it makes him, nor for that matter anyone, a bigger person for apologize for wrongs. It is really easy once you realize how badly you messed up (and I have had some REALLY GOOD ONES in my 30yrs). It takes a bigger/better/whatever other adjective you wish to use/ person to not throw a fit in the floor when they do not like something. To think a moment on the best course of action to get their point across, and then act on that, responsibly, is the better way. People do it here everyday. So, I know I will probably have 10 people tell me why I am wrong, or read into this, but if I did not expect that, it is my fault, but he no more deserves to have the ban removed than I would if I did similiar, or you. He threw a fit of sorts, a temper tantrum, and after figuratively bonking his head on the coffee table, like my 2yr old neice does, learned to not get mad, crawl under the table & flop around acting silly.

In the end, it is not any of our decisions to make, but the admins. So, while this thread might be great for healthy opinionated discussion, it will probably not change the minds of the people who banned Mr. Williams, because I think he broke some core rules from what the last dev posted, that I saw on the discussion. If I remember right, the phrase, 'prepare to defend yourself against these charges' was a comment a dev left before locking the thread.

Just my opinion, and, I am off to lunch, and a nap before this evenings little soiree.

Larry Stewart

3712.png

Mark Brummett
Posted
Posted

I must of missed that.

The differences I have had with Lance [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ide, I think it is absolutely rediculous that he was suspensed. Bottom line.

Bottom line Josh, do you know any of the back-story? Not that I do, but it maybe unfair to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] judgement on the suspension unless you know what happened.

Mark Brummett

Website owner, http://www.zkcartcc.org

ZKC Events Co-ordinator

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

I must of missed that.

jumptoconclusions2xk.jpg

Nick

Scott Lansing 953481
Posted
Posted

Lance, to be honest, you really don't owe anyone in the VATSIM community an apology for your post. Your post was directed at Jeff Turner, not the VATSIM community. My problem with this public apology is I fail to see any mention of an apology to the one person you should - Jeff Turner.

Whether Turner was right or wrong for your discipline, you were wrong to attack him personally in a public arena.

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

Maybe there is more to this story then just rash forum posts? Maybe something else happened outside of the forum? Perhaps we should get all of our facts straight before we dust off the mat shown above and bring it out to play.

Nick

Norm Hare 907837
Posted
Posted
.. It takes a brave man to come out in public and apologize for his wrong doings..

Have to disagree with you Matt. There is nothing brave about sitting in front of a keyboard and typing an apology to a bunch of faceless names.

Not saying that an apology wasn't warrented, I just don't consider it a brave act. It was the mature thing to do, but then again, a mature individual wouldn't have made the original post.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

To me, the apology is nothing more than a token gesture ... what matters is how Lance chooses to conduct himself from this point forward. Anyone can recognize a screwup and apologize for it. Not everyone can recognize and prevent a repeat occurrence.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

I must of missed that.

Bottom line Josh, do you know any of the back-story? Not that I do, but it maybe unfair to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] judgement on the suspension unless you know what happened.

If private messages were possible on this forum I would reply.

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

Chad Black
Posted
Posted

As Co-Founder of VCA, and its former Executive Vice President, I am saddened by this news. Sure Lance and I don't see eye to eye anymore ( hence the reason why I'm no longer a part of VCAir), but no one can deny the fact that VCA is one the best VA's available to VATSIM pilots. Lance, if you're reading this, I hope your future is bright, and that you find happiness in whatever it is you decide to do. You made a mistake and are reaping the repucutions from it... I know first hand what that's like. All differences aside, I can honestly say, working under the VCA title was the highlight of my VA career. You and I were a good team. We went though thick and thin, yet still prospered. You're a good leader, and deep down inside I saw a kind hearted man.

If ever we cross paths and are both piss drunk, I'd love to try and kick the **** out of you, or let you kick the **** out of me... either way it would be a good fight. BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> afterwards, I'd buy you a beer. You deserve it old friend.

Manuel Hernandez 923212
Posted
Posted

I like to fight and drink.. You buy the first round?

Manuel Hernandez DVA2569

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t Director of Human Resources

Delta Virtual Airlines

www.deltava.org

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

Email me... I'm not that hard to find.

Nick

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Email me... I'm not that hard to find.

Not to come off in a bad way Nick, but I wasn't speaking directly to you, but more towards Mark. No offense.

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

Not to come off in a bad way Nick, but I wasn't speaking directly to you, but more towards Mark. No offense.

Whoops read your quote briefly when I got off from work. didnt even pay attention to it.. looked at first like it was mine... none taken, my mistake.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

Thank you for hearing me out folks. Since I'm once again able to post on my own behalf, I thought it appropriate to thank Donno for posting my message here. I also want to thank AvA for there long standing support of TGIF and wish them success in their next Friday night event. VCA has seen a management change since this and Ken will do a great job. I look forward to seeing what he does for VCA!

I do owe one person here a direct response and that was the person asking why I didn't apologize to Jeff Turner. I'm sorry to tell you this, but Jeff Turner doesn't deserve an apology. Chicago ARTCC deserved the apology as well as AvA, UPS and FFT and they are the ones I apologized to.

I look forward to TGIF's continued success as we broaden our horizons and look forward to new partners!

Have a great summer!

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg