You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES LIST

Peter Armstrong 1230152

Peter Armstrong 1230152
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Most unusual thing happened. I was training with an INS on SWEATBOX and part way through the session, I double left clicked on an a/c in the ARRIVALS & DEPS LIST (as usual) to call up its FLIGHT PLAN. It would not respond. (This had been working perfectly through the session). I tried all other methods to raise a FLIGHT PLAN and nothing worked. I think that I may have pushed a button or clicked on something during the session. However, what I did notice which was strange, In my TASK BAR - at the bottom of my laptop monitor, there was a slight "ghost" shape behind it (about the length of a FLIGHT PLAN STRIP). When I logged off VRC, this "ghost" like shape disappeared!!

My INS tried to help me and I logged off SWEATBOX, reopened and still the same problem.

I shut down my laptop, restarted after a considerable wait and tried again (on OBS – not SWEATBOX) and the same problem. So, nothing specific to do with SWEATBOX – just VRC

Can anyone help solve this great mystery of the universe?

Many thanks

Peter

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

A screenshot would be helpful.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Peter Armstrong 1230152
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross,

Fortunately, I resolved the problem. I have a laptop (Monitor 1)and a 2nd Monitor attached (Monitor 2). I figured that if I swap these monitors around (Control Panel and Screen Resolution) I might just unearth something. And bingo, A hidden Flight Strip unveiled itself, which was hidden by the Taskbar. The very same Flight Strip that I was working on yesterday. I still have no idea how or why this happened but, it made me realise that technology can be frightening as well as good. Imagine, if, in a military situation or, NASA sending people to Mars, and someone touched the wrong button or mouse clicked something and the crew were sent to Jupiter!

Well, hope my dilemma at least shows that we can resolve our issues with some calm and thoughtful thinking but, It is nice to know that I have such a large community (VATSIM) to share with and hopefully help to resolve such problems

Thanks again Ross

Best regards

Peter

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I hear Jupiter is nice this time of year. Glad you got it sorted.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations