You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Query about GetConnectiontype function

Dave Ramsey 1280218

Dave Ramsey 1280218
Posted
Posted

Hi,

My Euroscope plugin needs to determine when the connected controller is using the sweatbox server.

We have tried using the function CPlugIn::GetConnectionType(), but this always returns CONNECTION_TYPE_DIRECT even when connected to the sweatbox server. I was expecting that it would return CONNECTION_TYPE_SWEATBOX.

Does anyone know why this is, or under what exact conditions CONNECTION_TYPE_SWEATBOX is returned?

Thanks,

Dave

www.vstrips.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...
Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

I don't make plugins, but CONNECTION_TYPE_DIRECT is a return, then the function most likely relates to the very top option in the connection dialogue, and not which server you connect to. I.e. the user is selecting their Connection Type to be 'Direct to VATSIM'

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim

Dave Ramsey 1280218
Posted
Posted

Hi Harry,

I now expect that you are correct, but unfortunately I don't have the necessary permissions to test this. Perhaps someone "in the know" could either confirm or refute your hypothesis.

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted
I don't make plugins, but CONNECTION_TYPE_DIRECT is a return, then the function most likely relates to the very top option in the connection dialogue, and not which server you connect to. I.e. the user is selecting their Connection Type to be 'Direct to VATSIM'

It's that.