You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New to VATSIM and looking to do a ride along

Maria Mango 1349256

Maria Mango 1349256
Posted
Posted

As the title says.. have only been on VATSIM For a short period of time and looking to do a ride along from departure to arrival. I am flying in the C172 but would be willing to ride along in any aircraft. If this sounds like something you would be willing to do just let me know..

Cheers

Carter Koura 1349383
Posted
Posted

Im like.. Literally just now getting here.. So I would love to.. I dunno how though.

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

Hi Maria,

Ride-along's and shared cockpits are a great way to start and build confidence. Unfortunately, I'm incapable of doing so, as the computer I run my simulator on is rather old and it seems whenever I open another application while running flight sim, it either crashes or freezes (hence why I stick to primarily air traffic controlling).

Anyway, I'm sure you'll get a response from someone here, however, if you want to narrow down your search I invite you to join Boston Virtual ARTCC (BVA). A large reason I'm suggesting this is because I saw your other post regarding joining Boston as a controller in the future so that you can control at PWM (Side note: Lucky for you, PWM is our primary training facility).

Boston Virtual ARTCC is one of a kind, in that we are the only ARTCC who is a combined community of controllers AND pilots. That said, for now if you'd like to join as a pilot, get to know other members, do a ride-along, gain experience, etc. then I encourage you to do so! Then later down the line it will make for a much smoother transition into ATC, as you will already know a lot of the ATC members, training staff, and administration.

If you're interested, you can apply by clicking here. Be aware that there is a short open-book entrance exam, so be sure to read over the material provided before going through the process.

Hopefully i'll talk to you more soon!

Regards,

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Brian Sommers
Posted
Posted

I would love to do this.

I can do this during the day. I work at home.

I'm on the east coast in the USA

drop me a line.

• 4 weeks later...
Aryan Khanna 1310206
Posted
Posted
I would love to do this.

I can do this during the day. I work at home.

I'm on the east coast in the USA

drop me a line.

Would you still like to do a shared cockpit?

• 3 weeks later...
Peter Ward 1376237
Posted
Posted

I am a new VATSIM member, and have never attempted a VATSIM flight. It seems too complicated to me, so would definitely like to do a ride along with someone! Thanks, Pete

Aryan Khanna 1310206
Posted
Posted
I am a new VATSIM member, and have never attempted a VATSIM flight. It seems too complicated to me, so would definitely like to do a ride along with someone! Thanks, Pete

Hiya Pete

I am happy to do this skype me tina.khanna53

• 1 month later...
John Tellonbraugh 1381909
Posted
Posted
As the title says.. have only been on VATSIM For a short period of time and looking to do a ride along from departure to arrival. I am flying in the C172 but would be willing to ride along in any aircraft. If this sounds like something you would be willing to do just let me know..

Cheers

I am in your shoes. I would love to do this as well. I'm in China though so connection may be an issue. Where are you in US?