You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Need help with button assignment on yoke

Lance Basting 1343837

Lance Basting 1343837
Posted
Posted

I'm using a CH Products yoke and I've completed most of the button [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments that I need, but I am at a loss when it comes to finding the Push To Talk and the Autopilot Disengage options in the button [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment screen within the settings area. I can't find anything in the manuals that gives me any direction on this simple issue, so I'm hoping someone can give me some help!

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

In the Joystick & Equipment settings window, go to the Buttons: Adv tab, and you'll see the button for the Autopilot section near the middle of the screen. When you click on that, you'll see all the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignable autopilot controls listed on the right. In that list, you have a few choices for your AP DIS button:

• Flight Dir down - when the AP is engaged, this button will disengage it but leave the FD enabled. When the AP is disengaged and the FD enabled, this button will disable the FD. So press it twice to go from AP engaged, to AP off and FD on, to AP and FD off.
  • Disco servos, flight dir - this button will disengage both the AP and the FD with one press.
  • Servos toggle - this button will toggle the AP on or off, always keeping the FD on.

Note that disengaging the autopilot will also disengage the autothrottle, but engaging the autopilot will not engage the autothrottle, so you have to remember to engage the autothrottle separately.

The push-to-talk button of XSquawkBox is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned in the XSquawkBox preferences window, second item from the top. You can find this window via the Plugins menu.

swift - Developer

Lance Basting 1343837
Posted
Posted

Thank you! That took care of everything!