You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

V pilot fails to load at all

jonathan lambert 1347014

jonathan lambert 1347014
Posted
Posted

Hi vatsim guys

I have invested in a new machine with I5 6600k 8gb of DDR4 windows 7 home premium 64 3gb AMD sapphire 7950 and P3dv3. After installing vpilot I double click the icon on the desktop and I immediately get a program has stopped working message . I have tried installing the fsx simconnect msi but no joy I run it as administrator too . Tried it in different compatibility modes too.

Any help would be most appreciated

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Take a look at the vPilot install folder and see if there is a file called "GlobalExceptions.txt".

You can open the vPilot install folder by entering this into the start/run box:

%localappdata%\vPilot

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

jonathan lambert 1347014
Posted
Posted

Hi thank you for reply

I have that file I opened it , it was full of numbers I do not understand . The speed it shuts down leads me to think I must be missing a vital windows component. Does vpilot actually need p3d installed to load initially? If not then it must be something completely missing from windows. My p3d works fine I have a couple of orbs scenery products and GSX demo and everything working fine

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You'll see that the GlobalExceptions.txt file is divided into sections. Each time a crash occurs, it writes a section. Sections are separated by a line full of equal signs: =================================

Copy and paste the LAST section into this thread so I can see what the crash error was.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC