You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Public Beta: vATIS 2.0

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Since its initial release, vATIS has unquestionably become one of the most popular [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istive tools for VATSIM controllers. Today I am pleased to announce the public beta of version 2.0 of the simple, elegant, and intuitive ATIS solution.

Q2gZl3uEDLkVoC6dx.png

Notable changes include:

• Redesigned user interface
  • Improved ATIS synthesis
  • Ability to fetch real-world D-ATIS text and current ATIS letter
  • Custom ATIS template formatting
  • Ability to create custom voice synthesizer contractions

Due to some changes with the way ATIS facilities and profiles are managed, profiles from the previous version of vATIS will be incompatible. It is suggested you make a backup of your ATIS facilities (via the export feature) before updating so you can manually recreate them later.

You can visit the vATIS website to learn more and download the software at radarcontact.me.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Shannon

• Josh Glottmann

• Eddie Goff

• Bahaeddine El-Zarif

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon 23 posts

• Josh Glottmann

Josh Glottmann 6 posts

• Eddie Goff

Eddie Goff 4 posts

• Bahaeddine El-Zarif

Bahaeddine El-Zarif 4 posts

Popular Days

• Feb 29 2016

10 posts

• Mar 1 2016

8 posts

• Mar 19 2016

5 posts

• Mar 21 2016

4 posts

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Looks great. Thanks for your hard work, JS.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

[*]Ability to fetch real-world D-ATIS text and current ATIS letter

This alone makes me excited.

Joshua Black

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Question, how does the software handle airports the have both a departure and arrival ATIS (such as Miami)?

It appears to only be including the departure information.

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

I just started it up to test it out but I seem to be having some difficulty... which I didn't have with the older version 6 hours ago. I connected as Phoenix Tower (but didn't prime up since I was just testing it and would be off in 1 minute) but after creating a new facility and all that jazz, I go to "Connect to VATSIM" fill out all my info as usual but receive the error "vATIS forcefully disconnected. You must have an active radar client connection attached before using vATIS." even though I'm quite clearly signed into VRC. Am I missing something silly? I didn't think anything would've changed in regards to connecting...

I'm running Windows 10 and running both as Admin if it helps.

Joshua Black

Justin Tan 1209700
Posted
Posted
I just started it up to test it out but I seem to be having some difficulty... which I didn't have with the older version 6 hours ago. I connected as Phoenix Tower (but didn't prime up since I was just testing it and would be off in 1 minute) but after creating a new facility and all that jazz, I go to "Connect to VATSIM" fill out all my info as usual but receive the error "vATIS forcefully disconnected. You must have an active radar client connection attached before using vATIS." even though I'm quite clearly signed into VRC. Am I missing something silly? I didn't think anything would've changed in regards to connecting...

I'm running Windows 10 and running both as Admin if it helps.

I'm getting the same problem here as well. Ran both VRC and Euroscope, to no avail. Really excited about the update but this is kind of a killjoy

Director of Events

ACCSGP7

Singapore vACC

vafs_status.php?cs=SVAG01171209700.png

1209700.jpg

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I just pushed a new version (available from the website or via the automatic software update utility) which should fix this issue.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
Question, how does the software handle airports the have both a departure and arrival ATIS (such as Miami)?

It appears to only be including the departure information.

Would it be possible to merge some information and include the arrival information as well from the pulled D-ATIS?

At one point, I saw that both runway closures were included in the NOTAM and the departure information.

Here's the current arrival D-ATIS for Miami:

MIA ARR INFO M 1453Z. 09006KT 10SM FEW035 SCT065 BKN250 23/13 A3020 (THREE ZERO TWO ZERO).  APCHS ARE BEING CONDUCTED TO PARL CONVERGING AND INTX RWYS. ARRIVALS EXPECT ILS RY 8R, ILS RY 9, ILS RY 12, LOC DME RY 8L. RWY 12, RWY 9. ACFT LDG RY 9 OR RY 12 CAN EXPCT TO HOLD SHORT, NTFY APCH IF UNAB. NOTAMS... DHP VOR OTS. NUMEROUS CRANES VCNTY APRT. CHECK CURRENT NOTAMS.. OPERATE TRANS W/MODE C ON TWYS & RWYS. BIRD ACTIVITY VICINITY ARPT. ALL ACFT READ BACK ALL HOLD SHRT INSTRUCTIONS AND [Mod - Happy Thoughts]IGNED ALT. ...ADVS YOU HAVE INFO M.

And the departure D-ATIS:

MIA DEP INFO Z 1453Z. 09006KT 10SM FEW035 SCT065 BKN250 23/13 A3020 (THREE ZERO TWO ZERO). DEPG RWYS 8L, 8R, 9, 12. RNAV DEP WILL BE [Mod - Happy Thoughts]IGNED HDG. NOTAMS... DHP VOR OTS. NUMEROUS CRANES VCNTY APRT. CHECK CURRENT NOTAMS.. OPERATE TRANS W/MODE C ON TWYS & RWYS. BIRD ACTIVITY VICINITY ARPT. ALL ACFT READ BACK ALL HOLD SHRT INSTRUCTIONS AND [Mod - Happy Thoughts]IGNED ALT. ...ADVS YOU HAVE INFO Z.

I'm wondering if you could break it up this way (if you aren't already).

1) Weather information. Cutoff being the altimeter.

2) Departure information, in the DEP ATIS, from end of weather to NOTAMS.

3) Arrival information, in the ARR ATIS, from end of weather to NOTAMS.

4) NOTAMS, from NOTAMS until information begins to match in the DEP and ARR ATISes, in this case "CURRENT NOTAMS.."

5) Additional information and "ADVS..."

You could also check initially if there are both a DEP and ARR ATIS if the first part of the message includes " DEP/ARR INFO...".

Just kind of brainstorming here.

Another possibility is if the controller would be able to manually specify a start/stop point for certain sections of the pulled D-ATIS(es). Since most airports with a D-ATIS tend to keep a relatively similar format with their own ATIS, it in a way would allow cropping of unnecessary information at times.

Eddie Goff
Posted
Posted

When I run vATIS with VRC and connect to VRC and then vATIS double click on the facility I have no info at all. There is no config file to bring up in the drop down box like in the old version to bring the runways to use up for the facility.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
When I run vATIS with VRC and connect to VRC and then vATIS double click on the facility I have no info at all. There is no config file to bring up in the drop down box like in the old version to bring the runways to use up for the facility.

Did you create the configuration profiles? Take a look at the docomeentation, there's a section about how to do that.

Eddie Goff
Posted
Posted

Did you create the configuration profiles? Take a look at the docomeentation, there's a section about how to do that.

Yes I imported ZHU GZ file

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Yes I imported ZHU GZ file

Did you read my message in the first post regarding facility configuration files?

Due to some changes with the way ATIS facilities and profiles are managed, profiles from the previous version of vATIS will be incompatible. It is suggested you make a backup of your ATIS facilities (via the export feature) before updating so you can manually recreate them later.

Eddie Goff
Posted
Posted

Ok thanks guess they got to do a update to the file

Kai Ko
Posted
Posted

Awesome work, but is there a archive where I can downlaod v1 because I found the old one more easy to set up and did exactly what I wanted it to do.

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted
I just pushed a new version (available from the website or via the automatic software update utility) which should fix this issue.

This fixed the connection issue. I can now connect to the network and connect the ATIS itself however I am unable to fetch the realworld DATIS (Or retrieve any information)

The dropdown menu doesn't list anything next to the Connect/Disconnect button, and the "Fetch D-ATIS" doesn't show at the top either.

http://postimg.org/image/z9p0fyaad/

EDIT: Disregard

Joshua Black

Eddie Goff
Posted
Posted

This fixed the connection issue. I can now connect to the network and connect the ATIS itself however I am unable to fetch the realworld DATIS (Or retrieve any information)

The dropdown menu doesn't list anything next to the Connect/Disconnect button, and the "Fetch D-ATIS" doesn't show at the top either.

http://postimg.org/image/z9p0fyaad/

EDIT: Disregard

I have the same problem

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Something tells me you didn't (fully) read the docomeentation.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Awesome work, but is there a archive where I can downlaod v1 because I found the old one more easy to set up and did exactly what I wanted it to do.

Here is the installer for version 1. Please note that I will not be providing official support for this version so use at your discretion.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

I think the Fetch D-ATIS URL just broke :roll:

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

It appears that Arinc is no longer making D-ATIS information publicly available.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Jeff Hanner 1280412
Posted
Posted

How do I upload a setup file which will take me back to version 1, which is compatible with my profiles?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Does the link 3 posts above yours not work?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jeff Hanner 1280412
Posted
Posted

Thank you. I have downloaded V1, but more importantly I have 2.0 working after re-creating my profiles. And yes, Fetch D-Atis doesn't work on mine. Thanks for the responses.

Alex Seeberger
Posted
Posted

Hey thanks Justin for the work on this project.

Honestly, the configuration of 2.0 isn't that bad and just takes a little time. Formatting to another format including ICAO isn't very difficult, just do it once then cut and paste into other profiles. Someone could even do that into the forum here for others to use.

Alexey Ivanov 1215544
Posted
Posted

I am disappointed with this release. Useless for non-US users. That configuration is.... And I am amazed by CTRL+F.... CTRL+F, Carl.... /facepalm