You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

aircharts.org charts not loading

Peter Thomas

Peter Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I'm having a problem with the airchart.org charts not opening when using Vattastic. The airport charts will load for other countries, but not for Australian airports.

The web address shows in the browser, but it doesn't load like for the other countries.

Would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

Peter.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daniel Hawton

• Marcus Becker 1142460

• Bradley Grafelman

• Peter Thomas

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daniel Hawton

Daniel Hawton 20 posts

• Marcus Becker 1142460

Marcus Becker 1142460 19 posts

• Bradley Grafelman

Bradley Grafelman 3 posts

• Peter Thomas

Peter Thomas 2 posts

Popular Days

• Apr 27 2017

9 posts

• Apr 28 2017

8 posts

• Apr 24 2017

5 posts

• Apr 25 2017

5 posts

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

I think they started blocking the way I had them implemented to display. I tweaked the code and they are loading for me now. Let me know if you still have issues with it.

Peter Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi Daniel,

Yes, I tried again today and all seems to be working fine!

Thanks for your help,

Peter.

• 9 months later...
Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

Bringing back an old post but Aircharts isn't pulling the current FAA cycle. Is the product done being supported? I hope not, it's a great service.

• 4 weeks later...
Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

It is pulling the current cycle, but it appears my source isn't expeditious in uploading the PDFs. I am working on fixing this, but it's rather low on the todo list and I am on an extended business training trip with only a satellite connection. So updates will be few and far between until I'm home in March.

• 2 weeks later...
Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

Thanks! Love this tool.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

On the topic, getting this when looking for SID:FXE and clicking "FORT LAUDERDALE... CONT..."

Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

Yep. All page 2's/3's are broken. I've been using CTRL+F and searching for the procedure within that list. Has worked well so far.

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

AirCharts is getting a m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive rewrite... but being on a satellite connection for an extended period of time while away for training for work is putting a serious damper on just about everything. I implemented a duct tape fix to get current charts to display, but that appears to have broken the page 2/3 links. This will be fixed in the rewrite, but because of the satellite connection there isn't much more I can do.

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

damnit man! we pay good money for... oh wait...

Thanks for all the hard work you do put in and manage to get uploaded!

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

Seems Canada is still bunged up for downloads.

I was browsing your site aircharts.org and found the cool search tool for a whole route; example given "ADC:KCVG, SID:KCVG.KENLN, STAR:KMCO.PIGLT, IAP:KMCO.35, IAP:KMCO.36, ADC:KMCO" that is REALLY cool!

Mr.

VATSIM P2

• 3 weeks later...
Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

With the new cycle, it appears every link is broken. I know you said that it's hard to fix with your connection and I appreciate the situation. I thought I would put an update here in case you weren't aware.

It's amazing how handcuffed you feel when great tools like this aren't available at your disposal. Thanks again for the product!

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

Aware but there isn't much I can do ATM.

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

Another duct tape fix has been applied that should allow it to continue to function as expected through the March AIRAC updates. By then I'll be back home and should have the new site up.

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all you do, Daniel! Apologize for the email, I did not see this thread.

Best,

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
Thanks for all you do, Daniel! Apologize for the email, I did not see this thread.

Best,

No prob. I sent the link so you could get updates without me having to email a dozen people. As nice as rural Alaska is, I'm not yet ready to abandon the internet. Lol

Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted
Another duct tape fix has been applied that should allow it to continue to function as expected through the March AIRAC updates. By then I'll be back home and should have the new site up.

I don't know how you do it, but you are awesome. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

Looks like the awesome LEROY tool is broken. I can't pull up any airports' charts. Aircharts.org seems to be working, however.

Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

LEROY is still broken. Are there plans to fix it? Aircharts is working fine still.

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

There was a required move due to hardware failing on the server that was hosting aircharts... not sure why it broke Leroy, but since I am in the process of rewriting the entire setup Leroy will be part of the rewrite.

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

New site is up, some charts have been removed since the spiders weren't working properly on updated AIP formats. Those will slowly be replaced. ECR/Leroy is currently offline in the move while I rebuild its look and code. A new executable will be released soon.

Sachin Gnath
Posted
Posted

Thanks Daniel

Regards, 

S G

Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the work! The product, especially LEROY, is really appreciated.

Joe VanMeter
Posted
Posted

One thing I really liked about the old site was that you could pull up multiple airports in one search. Will this functionality be brought back to the new site?

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
One thing I really liked about the old site was that you could pull up multiple airports in one search. Will this functionality be brought back to the new site?

It already is there.. separate like you did before, "KBOS, KSEA, EGLL, etc" will pull them all.