You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Fetching of separate departure and arrival ATIS's

Zhenhao Yang

Zhenhao Yang
Posted
Posted

To whom it may concern,

I recently upgraded to vATIS 2.0 and found the new features very useful. The "fetch" feature worked quite well with all US airports. However, when I tried to fetch the ATIS of ZSPD, it returned only the departure ATIS. A similar situation occurs with VHHH. Is there a possibility to support both departure and arrival ATIS's in this feature? I understand that vATIS is designed around the FAA system but it would be wonderful if you can make it work around the world.

Zhenhao Yang
Conflict Resolution Manager, VATSIM Americas Region

VATUSA ZTL C3 Senior Controller

VATPRC Staff Emeritus

vatsim_0.png

Chen Patrick 1287899
Posted
Posted

I agree

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I have no immediate plans on supporting ATIS formats outside the US as this software was primarily designed for airports within the United States.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Zhenhao Yang
Posted
Posted
I have no immediate plans on supporting ATIS formats outside the US as this software was primarily designed for airports within the United States.

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your reply. On my controlling session tonight I also found out that some airports within the US also has separate departure and arrival ATIS's, e.g. KPIT. vATIS is still only able to fetch the departure one, but not the arrival one. Please check if it would be possible to fetch both at the same time and somehow combine them.

Zhenhao Yang
Conflict Resolution Manager, VATSIM Americas Region

VATUSA ZTL C3 Senior Controller

VATPRC Staff Emeritus

vatsim_0.png

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

It appears that Arinc is no longer making D-ATIS information publicly available.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Christopher Denton 1312811
Posted
Posted

Hello, I also updated to v2.0 and found that the D-ATIS fetch is no longer available. Until this is fixed, what is the plan? I don't mind coming up with config files for each airport using the fetch, but it sounds like just using free text without the fetch is a step backward.

Christopher Denton

C1 |ZJX Facilities Engineer | ZJX Asst. Events Coordinator

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted
Hello, I also updated to v2.0 and found that the D-ATIS fetch is no longer available. Until this is fixed, what is the plan? I don't mind coming up with config files for each airport using the fetch, but it sounds like just using free text without the fetch is a step backward.

Do you know how fetching works? It's an either or..