You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Anyone uses Virtual NATCON TID?

Ismail El Moussati

Ismail El Moussati
Posted
Posted

Hello dears,

I am newbe around, i'd like to know if anyone of you has any info about this andoird app

Virtual NATCON TID

in order to use it with euroscope.

Yours,

Ismail El Moussati
Northern Africa Division Founder l VATSIM Network Supervisor
Royal Air Maroc Virtual CEO
Virtual AirTraffic Simulation Network

0.png

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

I managed to download the Plug-In using the links in the description - but unfortunately it is only available for Androids and not iOS. So I can't tell you if it works well - I was hoping that I was able to test it out.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Ismail El Moussati
Posted
Posted

Thank you Morten for your words,

Yeah i got android platform, i hope someone else will come up with some good news.

Yours,

Ismail El Moussati
Northern Africa Division Founder l VATSIM Network Supervisor
Royal Air Maroc Virtual CEO
Virtual AirTraffic Simulation Network

0.png

Arvid Hansson
Posted
Posted

The NATCON app is intended to be used with the NATCON plugin for Euroscope, which replicates the Norwegian ATC system used in real.

I'm sure it's possible to use the NATCON plugin in any ES profile and then connect the app to it, the question is how well it would be integrated with the local sector file and if there would be any loss in functionality. I haven't used the NATCON plugin myself so I can't answer that, I'd imagine you'd want to stick to what your local facility uses though.

Arvid Hansson | 1162891 | I3

VATEUD ATC Department Deputy Director

VATSIM Network Supervisor

Anders Moen
Posted
Posted

Ismail, NATCON is, as described above, the system they use in Norway real life. This was created by Avinor (I believe) themselves, meaning that it was already outdated the day they started using it. And it's still in use to this day..

The TID app you have found, is a little something extra created by one of our members, Even Rognlien (1047601), in order to move the TID (Touch Input Device) off Euroscope and over to our tablets. Feel free to use it (I guess), but our NATCON plugin is created to simulate our real counterpart's prehistoric systems

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted
but our NATCON plugin is created to simulate our real counterpart's prehistoric systems

At least you don't still have strips

Anders Moen
Posted
Posted

Hehe, that's true. Euroscope saves us there

Ismail, here's a photo Even published of the plugin with the TID app a long long time ago:

4U3jBpn.jpg