You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ESE SIDSTARS Section changes in 3.2

Rob Nabieszko

Rob Nabieszko
Posted
Posted

While testing our sector file in ES3.2, we came upon a new glitch.

In the Departure List, when a STAR is selected, we can no longer select a runway. The runway defaults to the first active runway and cannot be changed.

I think the glitch relates to the name of our SIDs in the SIDSTARs section of the ESE file. Previously, we named our SIDs using SIDNAME.TRANSITION, for example, "BETES1.ERI". However, in v3.2, it seems that the acceptable characters for a SID eliminated the period and most other nonalphanumeric characters. When we removed all nonalphanumeric characters, we were able to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the runways normally.

Any chance we can get the period back in a future version? Removing the . makes the names harder to read quickly.

Not sure if this change was made intentionally or just a byproduct of some other chance.

Thanks for listening.

Rob Nabieszko

Rob Nabieszko | VATCAN3

Director of Training, VATCAN

[email protected]

18.png

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted (edited)

We use a small "x" for SIDs including a transition to separate the two name parts. This is quite ok to read. I can understand that the period is no longer allowed as it has sometimes a powerful meaning in ES. It might have been removed to prevent unexpected commands.

Edited by Guest

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

• 1 month later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

To be honest I do not see any change in the code between the two releases. When ES extracts the points from the route string it ignores all special characters including '.'.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer