You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Facing flightsim reinstall for XTP 2016

Richard Jones

Richard Jones
Posted
Posted

I've just returned to flightsimming after a break of a few years, and decided to do XTP 2016 next week. But I find my FS9 will not start at all and FSX crashes, and realise I'll have to re-install one or the other. I use Aerosoft Airbus X (FSX) or Wilco Airbus Series I & II (FS9), FSInn, FSFlightKeeper and WoAI models. FS9 is a much bigger h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le to (re)install as I have many other add-ons to make it usable eg ActiveSky 6, some TCAS and taxi-speed control addons, customised cockpit layout, wingviews , etc.

I've heard about Prepar3d (only just emerging when I last simmed), and wonder whether it's suitable now? Will it run all my FSX add-ons? What do people use these days? Any advice? I only have a few days to sort this.

Richard Jones - EGNM

ZLA Pilot Cert I-11

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I would try to solve the FSX crash before you do a reinstall. Maybe post information about the crash under a new topic with a descriptive subject line (one that describes the crash) and see if someone can help.

That being said, P3D is definitely viable. Whether or not it will run your FSX add-ons depends on the add-on. Some are compatible, some aren't.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC