You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot network: any solution for sending mic from server?

Riccardo Milan 1034752

Riccardo Milan 1034752
Posted
Posted

Hi to all,

I'd like to use vPilot on my second PC, but the problem is audio, or better headset mic.

My configuration is:

1) Server PC: FSX only + G930 headset

2) Client PC: various addon and vPilot

I connected phisically the client pc line out with server pc line in, so I can hear sound from client to server.

VPilot installs correctly on client pc and it is connected perfectly to FSX via simConnect, but on my server PC I use Headset G930. In vPilot audio option I can't find my headset (obviusly phisically vpilot client doens't see it), but only generic audio driver.

So is there a solution to route serve mic to client or not? Does anyone use vPilot networked?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't know of any way to route the server mic to the client, but there might be something out there. I just wanted to mention that with the upcoming version 2 of vPilot, you'll be able to have ATC audio running on either the server or remote machine. I'm done with the vPilot 2.0 code, just fixing some bugs I found while flying with it during FNO last night. Then I'm thinking about making it an open beta test.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

With my networked system I run the mic off the client and have the FSX sounds running off the external speakers. Give me a nice blend of flight deck sounds without having ATC layered over it.

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]

Riccardo Milan 1034752
Posted
Posted
I don't know of any way to route the server mic to the client, but there might be something out there. I just wanted to mention that with the upcoming version 2 of vPilot, you'll be able to have ATC audio running on either the server or remote machine. I'm done with the vPilot 2.0 code, just fixing some bugs I found while flying with it during FNO last night. Then I'm thinking about making it an open beta test.

Great news! so we will be able to have headset on server (master PC with FSX) machine and use vpilot on slave (client) PC and listen to audio and talk with mic?

Riccardo Milan 1034752
Posted
Posted
With my networked system I run the mic off the client and have the FSX sounds running off the external speakers. Give me a nice blend of flight deck sounds without having ATC layered over it.

Clarke, I'm sorry but I didn't unserstand your configuration. Do you use an headset on server machine with FSX? and on client PC?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Great news! so we will be able to have headset on server (master PC with FSX) machine and use vpilot on slave (client) PC and listen to audio and talk with mic?

If I understand your question correctly, yes. You'll be able to have ATC audio come through a headset on the FSX machine, even if vPilot's main interface is running on a remote machine.

Reinhard Brantner
Posted
Posted

Hi.

Look for Voicemeeter. They have a product being able to route sound over the network (VBAN).

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/vban.htm

Rgds

Reinhard

MfG / Kind Regards

Reinhard Brantner, AUA668

"With A Smile In The Sky"

Riccardo Milan 1034752
Posted
Posted

If I understand your question correctly, yes. You'll be able to have ATC audio come through a headset on the FSX machine, even if vPilot's main interface is running on a remote machine.

Great Ross! it's what I'm lookinf for. Any date to release v 2.0?

@Rheinard: thanks so much.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yes, there's a release date, I just don't know what it is yet.

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

No, my voice interactions are on the remote machine running VPilot. so that's all I hear, nothing from FSX comes across on my headset.

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]

Riccardo Milan 1034752
Posted
Posted

Yes, there's a release date, I just don't know what it is yet.

Ros, I red your post regarding v2, if I understand correctly you have to run vPilot on both machine (server/client), is it correct?

@Reinhard: I didn't understand what I have to download, it's a but confusing, did you try it?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yes, you run it on both.

Reinhard Brantner
Posted
Posted
@Reinhard: I didn't understand what I have to download, it's a but confusing, did you try it?

Hi,

I only user the Voicemeeter product and the virtual audio cable on one PC. I use this to mix output for speakers and headset in parallel. With installing also the VBAN protocol, you are able to route audio to a different computer also running the Voicemeeter application. The sketch on the VBAN page shows this quite well. But as I didn't have the need, I haven't tried it yet.

Rgds

Reinhard

MfG / Kind Regards

Reinhard Brantner, AUA668

"With A Smile In The Sky"

• 2 weeks later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

@Rheinard: thanks so much.

In case you didn't see it, the vPilot 2.0 open beta has started. More details in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=70966