You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

IFR/VFR

BRIAN ROBERTS 1292821

BRIAN ROBERTS 1292821
Posted
Posted

Hello to you all, this is my very first venture into the VATSIM world and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm nervous as h""! That's normal from what I've read thus far. I just want to read a bit more and get as prepared as possible before actually contacting my first controller. Also to sit in and listen to a few exchanges. Been flight simming now for many years and have a reasonable grasp of 'how to fly' and perhaps more importantly, land.

I have a question. Although I have flown big and small stuff, if I'm honest I prefer the twins. Is there any restriction, in submitting an IFR flight plan for a twin and say flying from a cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] A airport? Also, when in a twin and requesting clearance is it necessary to a. ask for permission to push/start or simply to start up and then request taxi?

One last thing if I may? I have read about disabling the Pause key in fsx when connected, I have tried to do this through the usual way in the sim, but I can't get rid of it. Can anyone help please?

I'm really looking forward to broadening my flight sim experience and hope to take the leap shortly.

Thank you and my best regards