You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

DRIVE for a virtual airline!

Christopher Liu

Christopher Liu
Posted
Posted

weblogo.gif

Intercity VA has launched bus and coach services in UK and Germany, so now you can DRIVE as well as fly for Intercity! And VATSIM controllers will give airside clearances to our road vehicles, so sometimes you'll drop p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers off right by the aircraft!

BVHb3.jpg

Intercity operate the PMDG J41, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft A319/A320 on almost 500 routes across Europe, tracked by our custom ACARS, so it's easy to fit flying with us around your busy lifestyle. With challenging aircraft, airports and an average flight duration of under 90 minutes, Intercity is the airline for pilots who like to be kept busy throughout their flights! It's not actually for people who want to drive buses, sorry....

support1.jpg

Proud supporter of Intercity Airways, visit www.ViaIntercity.com

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's great to hear that VATSIM finally got rid of the prohibition against driving vehicles on the network! I've been meaning to start a virtual deicing service contractor for years, and now maybe I can!

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I'm amazed, because that was prohibited from the beginning! I guess we can expect to see follow me trucks all over the network now, eh?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted
It's great to hear that VATSIM finally got rid of the prohibition against driving vehicles on the network! I've been meaning to start a virtual deicing service contractor for years, and now maybe I can!

Was there an announcement? I'm guessing there would have to be rules etc.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

American Truck sim or ETS2? please dont say bus simulator (that things just wrong lol)

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

I just checked in case this was supposed to be an April fool thing, but it was posted on 2nd at 0540am.

I off to try my military tank in FSX, I hope the SUP are aware of this.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

The rule still stands, there are no ground vehicles allowed to connect to VATSIM. Doing so risks removal or suspension, its just not worth it.

PM sent to OP, will contact ATC side to make sure everyone knows the rules.

Kyle Ramsey