You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot Version 2.0 Unhanded exception error.

Kirk Christie

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Started and set up the Remote no voice on a networked computer

Error is

Unhandeled exception: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: key

Key was set as L Control on remote computer

In the CFG

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Elad Zeierman 837042
Posted
Posted

Same goes here

Ned Hamilton 1215492
Posted
Posted

Version 2?

Ned

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Error is

Thanks for the bug report, Kirk. When exactly did this error occur? Can you provide the details of the exception?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Elad Zeierman 837042
Posted
Posted

Error is

Thanks for the bug report, Kirk. When exactly did this error occur? Can you provide the details of the exception?

Hi ross

The error occur when the host is started and then the remote, the CTD is immidietly at VPILOT start.:

Capture_zpssqnciqfp.png

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross, the error occurs as soon as you hit apply after the first start up after completing the settings, I have tried compleating set up with and with out a PTT key [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned.

Does remote need a key [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned?

It then occurs any time you start the remote no voice and vPilot closes.

Chad Griffin
Posted
Posted

I know my issue is a little different, but I can't get the remote mode to work at all. I have configured both the host and remote computers. The IP/Port numbers are entered correctly. I launch the "host mode with voice" on my FS computer and vPilot remote on my remote computer. As soon as vPilot opens on the remote computer, I receive "Unhandled excpetion: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key.

I noticed on the status window on the host computer, it shows remote computer connected and it shows the remote computer's IP, but after the colon (I'm presuming that is the port number) it generates a different number each time (not 8809). Anyway, my windows firewall is turned off, I've opened the local port to my host computer via my router interface but it appears the two still aren't communicating. Thanks in advance.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Chad, it sounds like your remote is connecting to the host just fine. The random port number you're seeing is the port on the remote side. 8809 is the port on the host side.

Something else is causing the unhandled exception. I'm trying to track that down now.

Do any of you have a GlobalExceptions.txt file in the vPilot installation folder? That might shed some light.

Chad Griffin
Posted
Posted

The GlobalExceptions.txt file is quite long so here is the last date/time stamp entry from my remote computer:

============================================================

DateStamp: 4/7/2016 6:21:04 PM

Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)

at c9.a(e6 A_0)

at c9.a(b A_0, Int32 A_1)

at c9.b(IAsyncResult A_0)

at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)

at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)

at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)

at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)

at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

============================================================

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I am able to reproduce the remote mode crash and I'm working on a fix. Until then you won't be able to use vPilot 2.0 over a network.

Chad Griffin
Posted
Posted

No worries, glad to see you are working on a fix. Thanks for the program!

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross, Ill put it in the fixed base sim tonight and let you know how it goes.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Sadly I can no longer use vPilot. Following the update I get the an unhandled exception error when auto checking for a new version.

Edit: A reinstall of 2.0.2.3.exe including a blank xml fixed the issue.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Some feedback for you and Ross

I put vpilot on our fixed base sim tonight, we have the same set up with 1 main PC and 2 SUB PC's, the Audio is handled by Sub 1, and the sim is on the main PC.

We ran the host mode no voice on the main PC

We ran the Remote Mode with voice on SUB PC1 with the IP address pointing to the host, com 1 and 2 all change on vpilot via the radio stack in the sim.

We ran Remote mode with no voice on Sub PC 2, and mapped the IP to Sub PC1 which was running remote with voice.

Every thing on Sub PC2 and Sub PC 1 was mirrored on vpilot on both computers, we connected to vatsim and we were able, voice coms went through sub PC1

We went down this road because some times we have 1 person in the sim, the screen for the vpilot interface was only viewable from the screen on the FO's side of the cockpit.

The sim is the 737 listed here http://worldflightperth.com.au/