You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope 3.2(r10) scenario psuedopilot issue

Michael Pike

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

With multiple simulated controllers, I have occasionally had a problem as pseudo pilot when I accidentally transfer tracking to the wrong controller. Here's the situation: We have simulated controllers A_CTR and B_APP. The student is logged in as C_APP and an aircraft is inbound to C and currently descending through B's airspace. I (as the only pseudo pilot) [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the plane as A_CTR by mistake. So I hand off the plane using the 'Transfer' option. Because the plane is in B_APP's airspace the transfer goes to that simulated controller.

All of that is to be expected. The problem is, ES shows the plane as handed off but the tag doesn't show the pseudo pilot who now owns it or provide the Transfer options in the drop down menu any more. So I can't change ownership. The student 's ES still shows A_CTR as owning it. I only discovered the true owner when I replayed the log.

I didn't know how to resolve this - the student couldn't get access to the tag and I couldn't change the ownership. Having seen the log, I could probably just disconnect the simulated controller whose airspace the flight was in. Of course I normally try to avoid this by always using 'Manual Transfer' instead.

This situation probably rarely occurs - I only mention it out of interest. You wouldn't normally transfer from one simulated controller to another would you?

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

• 1 month later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Well it is not the real solution but some tricks:

• Let the trainee connect first then connect the simulated controllers. ES [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igns the sectors to controllers in the order thy connected. That way the trainee will own the appropriate sector.
  • You may use [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume as A_CTR. That clears the pending handoff.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

The first is a good tip, thanks. The second wasn't available. (Does the 'automatic' checkbox in the legacy control screen do this?) It appears that B_APP accepted the hand off automatically and ES no longer includes the '[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume as' options in the Transfer drop down menu for the pseudo pilot.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

The [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume item appears only while the handoff is not yet accepted.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer