You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope, sim tower view, Vpilot 2.0 BETA

Karl Sawatzky

Karl Sawatzky
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Ross Carlson has released his Vpilot 2.0 BETA which boasts a tower view option (command - .towerview).

Does anyone know if this would be possible to work with Euroscope?

More specifically, would this work to connect P3D v3 multiplayer tower view to Euroscope through VPilot .towerview command?

Thanks!

Karl Sawatzky

Winnipeg Flight Information Region (CZWG FIR)

Senior Instructor (I3)

https://www.czwg.vatcan.ca/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/winnipegfir

Twitter: @CZWGFIR

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Tony Manolo 1323805

• Johnny Coughlan

• Thimo Koolen

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 16 posts

• Tony Manolo 1323805

Tony Manolo 1323805 10 posts

• Johnny Coughlan

Johnny Coughlan 9 posts

• Thimo Koolen

Thimo Koolen 7 posts

Popular Days

• Aug 16 2016

9 posts

• Apr 10 2016

8 posts

• Aug 7 2016

7 posts

• Aug 19 2016

6 posts

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Karl

The image in your signature needs to go please.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted
Hello,

Ross Carlson has released his Vpilot 2.0 BETA which boasts a tower view option (command - .towerview).

More specifically, would this work to connect P3D v3 multiplayer tower view to Euroscope through VPilot .towerview command?

Thanks!

Oh yes it works. Ross specifically put the .towerview command/feature into vPilot to connect to EursoScope's proxy server so that tower views are possible. I have used vPilot's version 1.x to set up tower view using FSX and P3D v2. I am not aware of your request "P3D v3 multiplayer tower view"

The set up is as simple as running EuroScope and starting the Proxy Server. Then use vPilot to connect to the machine that is running EuroScope. You will have to set up specific cameras to get the view you want, and when it works it's fantastic.

bPoTyXm.jpg

I have control issues - Tower view is KEWR 4L during Cross the Pond Eastbound 2015.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Karl Sawatzky
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the info. Andrew.

How are you connecting your sim (P3D) to the network? Are you going into the multiplayer section or just setting up a free flight?

I must be doing something wrong because I still don't see aircraft in my sim.

Karl Sawatzky

Senior Instructor (I3)

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

After you start EuroScope on the connect menu you press Start Proxy Server. Start up your sim as you would normally to connect to the VATSIM network. There are no multiplayer settings you need to touch in P3D, you do not use them when connecting to VATSIM. Connect to the proxy server as described in the vPilot 2.x docomeentation, you will find the instructions in the Dot Commands section. Now I do not have vPilot 2.x, I'll wait for the stable version before I get this working again (this gives me the idea to put together a YouTube video on how to set up tower view). The beauty of vPilot is the model matching so when you are working the cab and Speedbird Concorde 192 Heavy calls for taxi when you look out to his terminal position you actually see a Concorde with the British Airways livery, provided of course you have all the proper models and liveries loaded, but that is another forum thread altogether. Good luck, your mileage may vary.

4xumgEX.png

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted

Anyone know why this happens when I have everything for Tower View setup?

[10:32:02.345] vPilot version 2.0.0.0

[10:32:02.386] Still no model selected for N481WK after position update #22 - requesting aircraft info

[10:32:03.101] Still no model selected for USAF115 after position update #23 - requesting aircraft info

[10:32:03.743] Still no model selected for FDX123 after position update #23 - requesting aircraft info

[10:32:04.022] Still no model selected for KAP1738 after position update #23 - requesting aircraft info

[10:32:05.200] Still no model selected for N298MC after position update #24 - requesting aircraft info

[10:32:07.365] Still no model selected for N481WK after position update #23 - requesting aircraft info

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It could be that ES is not p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing aircraft model information through the proxy connection. It might be because vPilot 2.0 connects to the tower view server as an ATC observer connection, whereas vPilot 1.0 connected as a pilot connection. I changed it because it makes much more sense to use observer mode for tower view.

I have no idea if my hunch is right ... someone from the ES dev team would have to chime in here.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Karl Sawatzky
Posted
Posted

Well this is very strange, indeed. Can't seem to get this working.

I can connect to the network using VPilot if I "Connect as Observer" in the connection pop-up menu; but that of course means I would have two connections to the VATSIM network at the same time(Eursoscope and VPilot), which is a no-no.

Karl Sawatzky

Senior Instructor (I3)

Karl Sawatzky
Posted
Posted

Would the difference in port numbers make a difference? I see Euroscope port TCP #6810 while the VPilot port is #6909.

I'm not a networker so I'm not sure what impact this has on the connection but thought I'd share my discovery.

Karl Sawatzky

Senior Instructor (I3)

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

My guess is that ES also listens on port 6809, because Umar's post suggests that he's getting a connection, since he sees all the callsigns.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
Hello,

Thanks!

Oh yes it works. Ross specifically put the .towerview command/feature into vPilot to connect to EursoScope's proxy server so that tower views are possible. I have used vPilot's version 1.x to set up tower view using FSX and P3D v2. I am not aware of your request "P3D v3 multiplayer tower view"

The set up is as simple as running EuroScope and starting the Proxy Server. Then use vPilot to connect to the machine that is running EuroScope. You will have to set up specific cameras to get the view you want, and when it works it's fantastic.

I have control issues - Tower view is KEWR 4L during Cross the Pond Eastbound 2015.

Im not sure if I would want to work in that Tower, seems light it might be a bit noisy.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Johnny Coughlan
Posted
Posted

Euroscope needs to be updated so both it an vpilot can communicate better to make tower view work. This is why I haven't updated vpilot yet.

It is much better to work GND/TWR being able to look at planes moving around rather than just a 2D radar screen.

@euroscope staff

Please update the client to make this work smoothly .

• 2 weeks later...
Jake Minihan
Posted
Posted

Anyone heard anything from the ES devs?

Training S2 from SERTS

Bjoern Helge Smaavollan
Posted
Posted

Ross have replied the following in the vPilot forum in here:

I've been in touch with the ES devs and they'll make the necessary change at some point. I don't know when it'll happen.

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Did you guys get it working? I am connected by latest Euroscope, started Proxy server. On the same machine FSX running, vPilot 2 (latest version) running. Using command .towerview vPilot says

[11:29:00] Connecting to network...

[11:29:00] Connected to network in observer mode.

No error messages, but I can not see any aircraft in FSX. All my model matchings are correct, as a standard pilot connection I can see everyone correctly.

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Please read back a few messages. This is known and they're working on it.

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

• 2 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

OK guys it is my turn to enable the controller connection on ES tower view feature. I am working on it, but there are some other things before I can make a new release public.

But to make it clean: ES proxy and ES tower view is completely different.

ES proxy is use to communicate between to ES clients on port 6810. It uses special packets and only for internal use, not published to external programs. It is a two way communication as you can control on the proxy client as well.

On the other hand when you connect to the server ES start listening 6809 as well to offer the incoming data for pilot clients to render the planes on FSX or P3D. That is a one way communication. ES sends the data to the pilot client, but ignores the incoming requests.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Matthew Charman 1331168
Posted
Posted
OK guys it is my turn to enable the controller connection on ES tower view feature. I am working on it, but there are some other things before I can make a new release public.

But to make it clean: ES proxy and ES tower view is completely different.

ES proxy is use to communicate between to ES clients on port 6810. It uses special packets and only for internal use, not published to external programs. It is a two way communication as you can control on the proxy client as well.

On the other hand when you connect to the server ES start listening 6809 as well to offer the incoming data for pilot clients to render the planes on FSX or P3D. That is a one way communication. ES sends the data to the pilot client, but ignores the incoming requests.

Thanks for the update Gergely, good to know it is being looked at! It might be worth throwing the post (same or otherwise) up on thread in the vPilot section (viewtopic.php?f=132&t=71027) as I know there are some people other there asking the same question

VATUK - S1

0.png

Johnny Coughlan
Posted
Posted

Hi Gergely,

Thank you for looking into this, it will be great if this could be fIxed as currently the aircraft rendered in FSX look like tie fighters landing without any gear visible ha!.

Once a public update is released will you post in here in this section?.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I will try to remember ...

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 2 weeks later...
Jake Minihan
Posted
Posted

Any news yet?

Training S2 from SERTS

• 2 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I just finished the coding today. But it needs some testing with Ross, as no plane is visible at all.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm working on this today.

Johnny Coughlan
Posted
Posted
I just finished the coding today. But it needs some testing with Ross, as no plane is visible at all.

I'm working on this today.

Thanks guys, really looking forward to this! .

Jake Minihan
Posted
Posted

Any news?

Training S2 from SERTS