You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Model Matching - Help?

Fredric Greenblott 1346549

Posted
Posted (edited)

Okay, so I'm pretty new to VATSIM and I have no idea what to do for model matching. Can anyone help me out on what to do for that so I don't keep constantly getting error codes?

Edited by Guest

System Specs: Core i7-7700K OC'ed to 5.0GHz, 16GB Ballistix DDR4-2400 RAM, OC'ed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 80GB HDD + 1TB External HDD

18.png

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Which models do you have installed that you're wanting to use for model matching?

Posted
Posted
Which models do you have installed that you're wanting to use for model matching?

Well, I just selected all of the default FSX models and the World of AI models that came with vPilot...

System Specs: Core i7-7700K OC'ed to 5.0GHz, 16GB Ballistix DDR4-2400 RAM, OC'ed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 80GB HDD + 1TB External HDD

18.png

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

vPilot doesn't come with any models. It only allows you to download rulesets for various model software which you can get elsewhere.

I personally use WoAI, so for that you'd want to download and then install them.

EDIT: Alternate explanation (which you perhaps missed when reading the docomeentationfor vPilot despite it being emphasized with red text):

Note that downloading the rule sets does not download the actual AI traffic packages! You need to have previously purchased or downloaded the AI traffic sets in order for vPilot to make use of them. Also note that vPilot does not attempt to verify that you have the AI traffic sets installed when you download the corresponding rule sets. If you install a rule set for an AI traffic set that you do not actually have installed, you will see errors on screen when vPilot tries to make use of those models.

Posted
Posted
vPilot doesn't come with any models. It only allows you to download rulesets for various model software which you can get elsewhere.

I personally use WoAI, so for that you'd want to download and then install them.

EDIT: Alternate explanation (which you perhaps missed when reading the docomeentationfor vPilot despite it being emphasized with red text):

Note that downloading the rule sets does not download the actual AI traffic packages! You need to have previously purchased or downloaded the AI traffic sets in order for vPilot to make use of them. Also note that vPilot does not attempt to verify that you have the AI traffic sets installed when you download the corresponding rule sets. If you install a rule set for an AI traffic set that you do not actually have installed, you will see errors on screen when vPilot tries to make use of those models.

I watched a video on how to install them, and everything went smoothly. Now my question is how do I actually connect to vPilot and your servers so I can start flying? I use FSX Steam Edition.

18.png